Continental Drift Conference 2014
Intercollegiate Undergraduate Philosophy & Religion Conference
UNC-Wilmington, March 21-22, 2014
Dr. Mark Rowlands, University of Miami, "The Memories that Become Blood: Memoir and the Self"
Call for Papers
Submission guidelines: Undergraduates are encouraged to submit 300-500 word abstracts on any topic in philosophy and religious studies. Presentations based on the abstracts should be 15-20 minutes. The submission deadline is Friday, February 28, 2014. If your abstract is accepted, then we will ask that you submit the full paper (no longer than 2,500 words) by Friday March 14, if you would like to be eligible for best essay prize, see below. Abstracts should give a 300-500 word description of your topic and central argument and be prepared for blind refereeing. Please include the following information in your email:
- Full name
- Name of university
- Email address
- Title of presentation
- A 300-word description of the presentation’s argument.
- Title your document: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME
- Email a copy of your abstract as an attachment in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format to email@example.com
- For additional details please contact Dr. Matt Eshleman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification of acceptance will be sent shortly after the February deadline.
There will be a free “Philosophy at the Beach” banquet for all conference participants Saturday night!
There will be a $50 prize for the best overall paper presentation.
SponsorsUNCW Philosophy and Religion Department, Cape Fear Community College, UNCW Student Government Association, and Osher Life Long Learning Institute.