Why Major in Philosophy and Religion?
What can you do with a PAR major? You can do just about anything -- only better than most.
- Philosophy majors rank first on the GRE (verbal and analytic) and LSAT, and they are second only to Math majors on the GMAT.
- MCAT administrators only keep track of colleges, rather than individual units. But according to their data, Humanities majors are second only to Math & Statistics majors.
- Philosophy majors have the highest acceptance rate to: Medical School (50.1%) and Law School (82.4%)
To learn more about the value of a PAR major, here are some helpful articles and websites:
- Max Nisen, "11 Reasons to Ignore the Haters and Major in the Humanities," Business Insider, June 27, 2013
- Lisa Miller, "Religious Studies Revival," Newsweek Education, September 21, 2010
- Tomas Bogardus, "Why Study Philosophy?"
- "Be Employable, Study Philosophy"
- "The Power of Philosophy"
- "Philosophy's Popularity Soars"