"Ask a Penguin Researcher"
Don't forget to check out Dr. Emslie's and Mike Polito's Antarctic Blogs in the "Notes From the Field" section to look for answers to questions submitted by students from Gregory and Codington Elementary Schools in Wilmington, NC, in 2010-2011.
In addition here are some frequently asked questions about penguins and our research project:
1) What is the average temperatures in Antarctica during the summer months when you do your research?
2) How can you distinguish between a male and a female penguin?
3) Do penguins mate for life? What would a penguin do if something happened to its mate?
4) When do Adélie penguins mate and lay eggs?
5) Has global warming had an effect on the animals in Antarctica?