- UNCW Off-Campus Housing Ad Service
- PERCH Calendar of Events
- Grad Life Calendar
- Join our Listserv
- Rideboard Currently Out of Order
There are times when we all need somebody to talk to about what we are struggling with or have questions about. Here at UNCW, there are many resources to help support you through those stressful personal issues.
Assistant Dean Amy Hector is available to talk with you if you need ANYTHING!
To make an appointment with Assistant Dean Hector, please call 910-962-3119. The front office staff can schedule you on her calendar. You are also welcome to come up to her office in 2013 Fisher University Union. If her schedule allows, she will meet with you then.
You may also email Assistant Dean Hector at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- CARE, DePaolo Hall, 2nd Floor: Relationship Issues & Concerns
- Counseling Center, DePaolo Hall 2079
- Crossroads, DePaolo Hall, 2nd Floor: Substance Issues
- Disability Services, DePaolo Hall, 1st Floor
- Office of the Dean of Students, Fisher University Union 2013
- Student Health Services, DePaolo 2003
- Grad Lounge
Did you know that UNCW has a lounge for its graduate students? The lounge is located on the second floor of Randall Library.
- MBAA is a student organization working to continue the development of the UNCW MBA program into an internationally recognized offering, with strategic relationships throughout the business community. The MBAA also organizes professional and social activities for participants in the professional MBA program.
- The MSA Association is a student organization that encourages networking among MSA students, plans the recognition ceremony, improves and fosters communications with faculty and staff, and encourages social responsibility. The MSA President also serves on the Cameron School of Business Student Advisory Committee.
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE) promotes the computing and information disciplines and encourages contribution to the enhancement of knowledge. Students in the MS CSIS program are eligible for the honorary.
- Established in 1919, Beta Alpha Psi is an honorary organization for Financial Information studentsand professionals. The primary objective for Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility. Local chapter activities include technical meetings, socials, mock interviews, meet the firms, and community, and professional service.
Family & Childcare Resources
- New Hanover County Child Care
Smart Start Funds provide parents who work or attend school or training assistance in paying for high-quality child care for their children, infants through age 5.
- New Hanover County Department
of Social Services, 910.798.3400
1650 Greenfield Street, Wilmington, NC 28402
Can help provide information on child care subsidies; prevention services that can help people locate resources for rent, utilities, and food; food and nutrition services that can help purchase food items; medical assistance that can help provide access to medical services for low income people; transportation services to medical appointments; and more.
- New Hanover County Smart Start,
3534 South College Road, Suite F, Wilmington, NC 28412
Information on child care subsidy, child care program assistance, federal and state tax credits, head start programs, and more.
- Smart Start PUZZLES
PUZZLES provides information about choosing quality childcare, local child care businesses, and licensing requirements. Counselors provide these services by phone, email, and in person to meet individual family needs and preferences such as location, care for infants and toddlers, hours of operation, and care for children with special needs. PUZZLES also assists parents of children in navigating and accessing a variety of community services and information is available on topics such as early intervention for special needs, child care subsidy, access to health insurance, and much more.
- Child Care Facility Search
This NC Division of Child Development and Early Education site allows you to search for child care facilities in your area. Enter you city, zip code, and any other criteria you would like to search by.
- Child Advocacy and Parenting Place, 910.791.1057 x 12 or email@example.com
1401 S. 39th Street, Wilmington, NC 28403
CAPP Parent Aides work with those parenting children both in their office and through at home visits, to help parents build parenting skills, understand child development milestones, develop new discipline and child management strategies, learn to advocate for themselves and the children and guide their connection with other community services.
- Parent Baby Connection,
910.364.9482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjusting to life as a family presents many challenges for new parents. Parent Baby Connection is a hands-on interactive workshop for one evening that helps new and expectant parents learn about topics such as safety measures for newborns like proper car seat setup, caring for a new mother and postpartum support, basic newborn baby care techniques such as bathing, feeding, and diapering, and much more.
- New Parents Support Group,
910.364.9482 or email@example.com
The new parents support group is a monthly gathering where you can meet, learn, share, and connect with other new parents. Receive support and guidance from your peers. Each meeting allows for parents of babies 0-6 months of age to share their highs, lows, and discuss topics related to the challenges and joys of parenting an infant.
- Wilmington Parent
Find tips and information on childcare, health, schools, families, activities, and more. Check out the family friendly calendar of events and find family friendly businesses in your area.
- New Hanover County Schools, 910.763.5431
6410 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC 28412
Find information on school locations, driving directions, district maps, and links to individual school websites.
- Pender County Schools, 910.259.2187
925 Penderlea Highway, Burgaw, NC 28425
Find information on school locations, a map of school locations, and links to individual school websites.
- Brunswick County Schools, 910.253.2900
35 Referendum Drive, Bolivia, NC 28422
Find information on school locations, transportation services, and more.