Connect with PHIL
PHILanthropy plays an important role in the UNCW experience - providing critical funding for:
And so much more!
For information contact:
Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Who is PHIL?
PHIL stands for philanthropy at UNCW and represents the thousands of alumni, parents, faculty, staff and students who give back to UNCW each year.
The Get to know PHIL campaign created by the Office of Annual Giving is designed to raise awareness among the campus community about the importance of private support and the resources that are available because of UNCW's generous family of donors.
Faces of PHIL
- ALUMNI! Approximately 3,600 alumni contributed over $700,000 last year.
- Businesses! Contributions from corporations and foundations totaled over $4 million for a variety of academic, research and community outreach programs.
- FACULTY & STAFF! Approximately 400 faculty and staff at UNCW participated in this year's Grow It Your Way campaign, raising over $217,000.
- PARENTS! Over 3,800 parents contributed more than $990,000 to support cultural opportunities, safety initiatives and other campus programs.
- STUDENTS! Over 540 seniors participated in the Senior Class Gift Campaign raising over $12,500 for academic programs, student organizations, the UNCW Fund and other areas of campus.
Play UNCW's new matching game to discover how annual gifts create unique learning opportunities.