Students are advised to begin thinking about career paths by their second year so that during their education at UNCW a package of majors, minors, other course work, job experiences, internships, and study abroad experiences can be designed.
The UNCW Career Center is a comprehensive career counseling and resource center dedicated to empowering students and alumni as active participants in their own career development. Please contact the PIA liason at the career center Sarah Crockett by phone (910) 962-3174 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for career assistance (e.g. job search, internship search, writing resume and cover letter, interview skills, etc.).
What to do with a major in Political Science: Check the APSA web site for some suggestions.
- International Monetary Fund
- Organization of American States
- Pan American Health Organization
- United Nations
- World Bank
- World Trade Organization
- Federal Job Guide
- HRS Federal Job Search
- USA Jobs
- American Society for Public Administration
- Missile Defense Agency
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Justice
- Department of Labor
- Department of Transportation
- Department of the Treasury
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- White House - Executive Office of the President
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Inspectors General
- Federal Reserve Board
- General Services Administration
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- National Security Agency
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Marshals Service
- Secret Service
- The Police Officer's Internet Directory
U.S. Armed Forces
The following books of interest to Political Science majors have been ordered for the UNCW library.
- Meg Busse and Steven Joiner, The Idealist's Guide to Non-Profit Careers for First-time Job Seekers, Hundreds of Heads Books, 2010.
- William N. Dale, Living Diplomatically: A Life in the US Foreign Service, Hamilton Books, 2008.
- Shawn Dorman, Inside a U.S. Embassy: How the Foreign Service Works for America, Potomac Books, 2009.
- Harry Kopp and Charles Gillespie, Career Diplomacy: Life and Work in the U.S. Foreign Service, Georgetown University Press, 2008.