2016-2017 Engineering Course Offerings
With the exception of EGN 101, the following courses will NOT appear in the UNCW course catalog or in SeaNet. You must see the Program Director for registration information and block these time slots out of your schedule when registering for UNCW courses. For your reference, the NC State course catalog can be found here.
Planned Fall 2016 courses:
- EGN 101: Introduction to Engineering (Mondays 2:00-3:50pm, Kenan Hall 1111) - 2 credits
- ECE 200: Introduction to Signals, Circuits, & Systems (Lecture: Tues/Thurs 2:00-3:15pm, King Hall 202; Required Lab: Thursdays 7:00-8:50pm, King Hall 201) - 4 credits
- ECE 209: Computer Systems Programming (Lecture: Tues/Thurs 10:15-11:30am, King Hall 202; Mandatory Problem Session: Wednesdays 7:00-8:50pm, King Hall 201) - 3 credits
- MSE 201: Structure & Properties of Engineering Materials (Mon/Wed 1:30-2:45pm, King Hall 202) - 3 credits
Planned Spring 2017 courses:
- E 115: Introduction to Computing Environments (Lecture: Mondays 3:00-5:00pm, King Hall 202) - 1 credit
- ECE 109: Introduction to Computer Systems (Lecture: TBD, King Hall 202; Mandatory Problem Session: Thursdays 7:00-8:50pm, King Hall 201) - 3 credits
- MAE 206: Engineering Statics (Lecture: Mon/Wed/Fri TBD, King Hall 202; Optional Problem Session: TBD, King Hall 201) - 3 credits
Other courses required in engineering:
There are a number of courses such as calculus I, II, and III, physics, computer programming languages, and humanity/social science courses that can be taken from NC State as distance education courses if such courses are not offered at convenient times by UNCW. These are especially convenient for working students. Visit the NC State Distance Education website to see a list of courses offered. These courses can be taken by UNCW students through the transient study process.
See NC State's Engineering Online for online course offerings. The site Director will be glad to serve as proctor for any graduate course.