Pre-Professional Programs is located in DePaolo Hall, room 1003. Call us at (910) 962-3245 or contact a pre-professional advisor.
UNCW Pre-Health students are invited to create a website that will serve as a repository for your experiences that will contribute to your professional school application. Students enrolled in Pre-Health courses in the PULSE Learning Community will be required to begin this project and encouraged to add annotated accounts of future accomplishments as they prepare for their application process. Future applicants can use this website to distribute to professors writing letters of recommendation, pre-health advsiors, and to add on their resume.
Pre-Health Workshop Series
Students interested in the healthcare professions can attend the Pre-Health Workshop series to learn more about standardized testing, preparing for summer employment, and for hands-on assistance in building their Portfolio. Click here for more information about this workshop series!
Building your Portfolio
- Create a Google account with a professional username/email by selecting "Sign in" at the upper right-hand corner. On the next page, select "Sign up."
- At the top of the website, select the drop-down menu "More" and choose "Even More" that brings you to the Google Products site.
- Scroll to the Home & Office section and select "Sites" to begin creating your Portfolio.
- Click the "Create" button.
- Choose "Browse the Gallery for More" and search for the "UNCW Pre-Health Portfolio" template.
- Select this site template by clicking the "Select" button on the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- Continue by naming your site. Site names should be professional and include your name, or initials, and "Portfolio."
- Type the code in and click "Create." Welcome to your Portfolio website!
Editing your Portfolio
- Utilize the information provided on each page of the template to indicate what information is required for a completed portfolio.
- To edit each page with your personalized information, select the pencil image above "Search this site" to begin editing the page contents. Remember to save as you edit.
- For pages that reference files you can upload, select the "Add files" link at the bottom of each page while in edit mode.
- To change the design, but retain the template text, select the "More" button at the top of the page above "Seach this site." Choose "Manage Site" and select "Colors and Fonts" from the list. You can change the base theme to utilize a color scheme and design that fits your personality.
Security Settings for your Portfolio
Consider the private information that you are including on your Portfolio website. Our hope is that you make this site available to individuals you would like to assist you in your application process. We do not expect for you to make this website public. To limit the access to this private information, please follow the directions below:
- Select the "Share" button highlighted in bloom at the top of the page.
- Review sharing and permissions under "Who has access." If the list inclues "Public on the web," select "Change..." and select "Anyone with the link" or "Private." Choose the permissions that best fit where you are in the process.
Note: "Anyone with the link" permissions allow you to distribute the link to anyone who would like to view your Portfolio. Signing-in is not required. "Private" permissions only gives specific individuals' permission to access the information and signing-in is required.