Pre-Professional Student Week
Sunday, February 23 - Thursday, February 27, 2014
Thank you for joining us for a filled week focused on preparing pre-health and pre-law students for a future in health and law professions! Pre-Professional Students met with current health professionals, learned how to prepare for their application process, and found out what they needed to get in the door to any graduate program. Visit the links below for presentations that were offered during the week. This program was sponsored by University College Pre-Professional Programs and many campus partners. Congratulations to our Treasure Map Winner - Alyssa Crowley!
Sunday, February 23 | 3:00 - 5:00 pm | Randall Library
Pre-Professional Week Kickoff*
- Take a study break with Pre-Professional Programs and obtain a Free Port City Java coffee if you are one of the first 50 students who stop by. Visit our table to receive your Pre-Professional Student Week Treasure Map that can be submitted in a random drawing for a prize pack after attending 3 sessions this week!
Monday, February 24 | 12:00 - 2:00 pm | Fisher Student Center, Clocktower Lounge
Pre-Professional Programs Open House*
- Stop in and learn about all of the resources UNCW has to offer for Pre-Professional Students. Students, faculty and staff are welcome.
Monday, February 24 | 4:00 - 5:00 pm | DePaolo Hall Conference Room
Summer Opportunities for Pre-Professional Students
- Planning to make the most out of your summer months? Learn more about internship opportunities and enrichment programs that can make you stand out on your application.
Tuesday, February 25 | 12:30 - 1:45 pm | DePaolo Hall Conference Room
Lunch & Learn: Preparing for Your Entrance Exams
- Wondering how to begin preparing for your entrance exams? Join us as our experts from the University Learning Center share best practices for preparing for your standardized tests.
Tuesday, February 25 | 3:30 - 4:45 pm | DePaolo Hall Conference Room
Transforming Your Volunteer Experience
- Campus experts from the Office of Student Leadership & Engagement share pointers on how to transform your volunteer experience into a memorable one. Hear more about how to talk about your experiences in interviews, in your personal statement and when asked to identify meaningful experiences on your professional school applications.
Wednesday, February 26 | 11:00 - 12:00 pm | DePaolo Hall Conference Room
Creating a Financial Plan for Professional School
- Planning for professional school takes time, effort and much financial planning. Hear from the Financial Aid office about how to financially prepare for your application process and completing your professional coursework with the least financial strains.
Wednesday, February 26 | 4:00 - 5:00 pm | Randall Library Auditorium
Federal Career Series: Peace Corps Info Session Sponsored by the UNCW Career Center
- Learn more about volunteer experiences, have your questions answered, and gain tips to guide you through the application process.
Thursday, February 27 | 11:00 - 12:00 pm | Fisher Student Center, Wrightsville Beach Room
Pre-Professional Study Abroad Opportunities Sponsored by Office of International Programs
- Many students inquire about study abroad opportunities that connect with their pre-health or pre-law interests. Look no further! Learn more about the study abroad opportunities that UNCW and other programs offer to enhance your undergraduate experience.
Thursday, February 27 | 5:00 - 6:00 pm | Fisher Student Union, Cape Fear Room
Does Your Minor Matter? Sponsored by UNCW Career Center & University College
- Looking for a minor to complement your prerequisites or major? Learn about the 50+ minors offered at UNCW, how it can add value to your curriculum and your marketability and skills.
* Drop-in event for faculty, staff and students.