Course dates: June 11-August 6, 2013
Visit MyCAA website for more information on reimbursement for military spouses.
Career Planning and Entrepreneurship for Military Spouses
Career Planning and Entrepreneurship for Military Spouses is designed for military spouses who are considering their career options.
We understand the challenges that the military lifestyle presents to spouses who would like to develop their own careers. This program was created by spouses and for spouses and addresses these issues head on.
During the first part of the program, you will develop your transferable skills and explore different career options.
In the latter half of the program, you build on your transferable skills and knowledge of your career options to improve your ability to network, to develop your own master résumé and to effectively participate in the interviewing process.
This eight-week online program offers:
- 24/7 access to our online classroom.
- Downloadable tools to help you in your skills development
- Facilitation and feedback by UNCW faculty.
- Certificate of Completion
We will be holding two informational webinars so that you can learn more about this innovative new course. During the webinar, we will cover:
- Why we are offering this program.
- What you get when you participate.
- What is different about this program.
- What you learn each week.
- How you work online.
Webinars will be held May 28 at 1pm EDT or June 5 at 8pm EDT. Please see below for links to register:
First session, scheduled for Tuesday May 28th 1 pm EST click here
Second session, scheduled for Wednesday June 5that 8 pm EST click here
- An Executive in Residence and faculty member in the Cameron School of Business at UNCW, Barb Biehner will be the instructor of record for the course. Barb has been on the faculty of the University for 7 years and has taught extensively in the areas of career development, resume preparation, networking and interviewing.