Awards and Honors
Dr. Antonio Puente is a UNCW professor of psychology who has won numerous awards related to his work on clinical neuropsychology. Dr. Puente is also a political immigrant born in Cuba and has done important work creating Spanish-language versions of critical neuropsychological test. He is also an avid surfer! Click on the links below to learn more about Dr. Puente and his research.
- UNCW Magazine (see page 30).
- Article in the American Psychological Association's Monitor on Psychology.
- Article (pdf) in East Coast Surf Magazine.
- University of Georgia Psychology News.
- On June 2, 2009, Tim K., a patient from Tileston Health Clinic in Wilmington and Antonio E. Puente, Ph.D., UNCW Professor of Psychology, testified at a Congressional Briefing focused on the future of health care in America. The briefing was sponsored by John Conyers, D-MI, and attended by congressmen, health legislative aides, and other congressional staffers.
- Pictured above are Tim K. (seated) and Antonio E. Puente, Ph.D. (standing to Mr. K's left), along with (from left to right) UNCW Psychology undergraduate students Mayte Ramirez, Ashley Ware, and Vala Burton; and UNCW Psychology graduate students Carlos Ojeda, Gershom Lazarus, and Cedric Turner. The photograph was taken at noon, June 2, 2009, at the House Judiciary Committee room at the Rayburn Building, US Congress.