News and Events
Request for proposals
If you'd like to add your input to the Quality Enhancement Plan, or have questions, please contact
Dr. Jess Boersma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
QEP Program Goals
ETEAL offers a variety of applied learning experiences that:
- To improve student learning in applied learning experiences,
- To provide faculty and staff with information and resources about successful practices in applied learning pedagogy as appropriate to their discipline and responsibilities, and
- To promote the incoporation and implementation of successful practices of applied learning throughout UNCW.
ETEAL links to University Studies curriculum --Explorations beyond the classroom
The Explorations Beyond the Classroom components of the University Studies program were designed, with best practices in mind, to require students to engage in experiential or applied learning options that take place beyond the traditional classroom. Many of these types of experiences have long been hallmarks of a UNCW education and they are increasingly being recognized as powerful facilitators of student learning. Common components include: Discovery, Application, Regional Engagement, and Explorations Abroad.
QEP Student Learning Outcomes
While individual applied learning experiences will address specific learning outcomes, student participating in ETEAL experiences will:
- Articulate their expectations, the purpose, and/or the goals of the experience in terms of their personal educational development. [Thoughtful Expression]
- Synthesize knowledge drawn from their coursework to address the issues/challenges/questions involved in the experience. [Critical Thinking, Inquiry]
- Communicate the impact or significance on their personal educational development and on others in the profession or in the field at the conclusion of the experience. [Critical Thinking]