What does that code mean?
Instructional Method Codes
- (blank) -
In-person. Face-to-face instruction (real time and real people with instructor in the same room as the students).
- WG50 - Classes that blend face-to-face meetings and more than 50% online activities with an assigned location and time.
- WL50 - Classes that blend face to face meetings and less than 50% online activities with an assigned location and time.
- OLASY - Fully Online – asynchronous. Internet or Web-based asynchronous (instructional materials made available on the Internet and available 24 hours a day every day—not time-dependent slots).
- OLSYN - Fully Online – synchronous. Internet or web-based SYNCHRONOUS (instruction made available on the web or internet in time-dependent slots).
- REMOT - Non-web based at remote site. Television, videocassette, CD, DVD, etc. (non-Web-based instructional materials distributed to the student at a remote site).
- INHWY - Interactive real-time video (e.g., NCREN / NC Information Superhighway). Some members of the class at a remote studio with monitors used to convey two way audio and video signals