Below are links to resources to help you with your proposal development.
Click here for resources that will assist in your search for funding.
F&A? Cost Sharing? Fringe? Find answers to your questions here.
Before we send your proposal to a sponsor, here are a few things you need to know...
Answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions.
Submit A Proposal
The Sponsored Programs and Research Compliance office is here to help you submit your proposal in a timely fashion. Our office has experienced tremendous growth over the last several years and continues to see a rise in the number of proposals sent to external funders.
For that reason, our office must prioritize proposals to ensure timely submission. Although every effort has always been and will continue to be made to ensure compliant proposal submission regardless of when you provide final packages to the staff, we ask that you provide at minimum a draft budget, budget justification and the sponsor’s guidelines as soon as you have them in your possession. Preferably, we ask that you comply with the following suggested timeline for proposal submission.
- Two weeks prior to the sponsor due date, please contact the Sponsored Programs and Research Complicance office to notify the Grant Development Manager of your intent to submit a proposal and provide details.
- One week prior to the sponsor due date, please have your proposal routing in RAMSeS, the university’s proposal and award tracking database.
- Three days prior to the sponsor due date, please finalize your proposal and be available to correct errors reported back from the sponsor.
With these suggestions in mind, we also want you to be aware of the following:
- Now that our process for proposal routing and approval is electronic with the implementation of RAMSeS, we have seen proposals receive all necessary approvals in as little as 24 hours. However, SPARC will not submit your proposal prior to routing in RAMSeS, and depending on the number of people who need to see the proposal at various levels and their schedules, it can take as long as one week to receive all approvals. Please leave yourself ample time to route your proposal in RAMSeS. Click here to sign in. (Use your UNCW domain name and password.)
- RAMSeS is only for internal proposal routing and approval. Only UNCW faculty and staff should be listed as CoPIs. Having final approval in RAMSeS does not mean that your proposal has been submitted to the sponsor. It is only one step in a multi-step process.