Dr. Donna King / Bear Hall 248 / 910-962-3574 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1994 Ph.D. Sociology, City University of New York, Graduate Center
- 1986 M.A. Psychology, University of West Georgia
- 1979 B.A. Music, State University of New York at New Paltz
- Letting Go and the Evolving Self
- Bodies and Embodiment
- Feminist Critiques of Consumer Culture
- Media and Democracy
- Introduction to Sociology
- Media & Society
- Sociology of Children and Childhood
- Popular Culture
- Self & Society
Current Research Projects
Donna King and Catherine (Kay) G. Valentine, editors. Under contract. Letting Go: Feminist and Social Justice Insight and Activism. Nashville: Vanderbilt University Press.
Donna King and Carrie Lee Smith, editors. 2012. Men Who Hate Women and Women Who Kick their Asses: Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy in Feminist Perspective. Nashville: Vanderbilt University Press.
Donna King. 2012. “Toward a Feminist Theory of Letting Go.” Frontiers: A Journal of Women’s Studies. 33.3: 53-70.
Nicholas Chagnon and Donna King. 2012. “Challenges in Minimizing Teacher Authority while Facilitating a Student-owned Activism Project,” Humboldt Journal of Social Relations: Special Issue on Social Justice Actions, Teaching & Research.
It's a Girl Thing: Tween Queens and the Commodification of Girlhood. Documentary film. 2012. Shannon Silva, writer, producer, director. Donna King, writer, producer.