Facilities and Amenities

As you become more familiar with your new home, you will learn to take advantage of the many services and facilities that UNCW offers. Our main concern is in making your transition into your on-campus residence as easy as possible. Listed below are descriptions of the services and facilities offered to you as an on-campus resident.


Each room is furnished with telephone service, but students must bring their own phone and arrange for their own voice messaging device. Residence Hall students receive:

  • E-911 support - Emergency location information (including street address and room number) is reported to emergency responders when dialing "911."
  • Unlimited on-campus calls (5-digit dialing)
  • Unlimited local calling
  • Unlimited domestic long distance calling
  • Service features such as call waiting, call transfer, call forwarding and more
  • University Operator assistance during business hours
  • Phone service support
  • Support for TTY devices and Relay NC by dialing "711"
  • Incoming call mediation - After 7 rings, unanswered calls get routed to a general "person unavailable" announcement before being disconnected.
Read more

For local calls, dial 9 + (7 digit phone number). Campus calls only require that you dial the last five digits; For example the housing number (910) 962-3241 would be x23241. Local service and call waiting is provided as part of your room costs; however, students are required to provide their own telephone instruments. Cordless phones may not function properly with the university's telephone switch.

International long distance service is available to UNCW students only by using an international calling card. These cards can be purchased from any local retailer that carries them. The University does not sell international calling cards on campus.

Any type of nuisance or annoyance calls are considered serious, and students who make such calls will be subject to University Disciplinary Action. Students who receive such calls should note the date, time and nature of the calls and report it immediately to a Resident Assistant or the University Police.

UNCW prohibits the charging of telephone calls to campus telephone numbers. Should you use a calling card and the charge is made against the university, there will be a $15.00 charge per call in addition to the cost of the call. The University’s Judicial Committee will handle any disciplinary action necessary.
Read Less


Students are allowed to bring their own refrigerators and/or microwaves to use in their rooms when they move in. Refrigerators cannot be larger than 4.9 cubic feet. An annual utility fee of $10.00 is charged for privately owned refrigerators of 2 cubic feet and under, and a $20.00 fee is charged for privately owned refrigerators over 2 cubic feet. A refrigerator decal must be obtained from the Office of Housing & Residence Life, to be displayed on any privately owned refrigerator. Failure to acquire a proper refrigerator decal prior to the Health and Safety Inspection process may result in a fine of at least $50.00 for non-compliance. Decals may be obtained from the Office of Housing & Residence Life between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.

Additionally, Housing & Residence Life has partnered with Standards For Living to supply students with MicroFridge units. The MicroFridge is an energy efficient, Energy Star rated combination appliance, featuring a refrigerator/freezer and microwave oven with a patented electrical system. Renting a MicroFridge unit instead of bringing their own refrigerator will save students from paying the annual utility fee. To find out how to rent a MicroFridge, refer to the following link: standardsforliving.com
Read more

Read less


Health and Safety Inspections are conducted by your Residence Coordinator, the Director of Environmental Health and Safety and a facilities staff member.
Read more

The inspection ensures that each room is in a sanitary and safe condition. Prior notice of the room inspections will be provided by ROOMERS, a monthly publication of the Office of Housing and Residence Life. These inspections will occur each semester. Rooms that are unacceptably dirty and/or unhealthy will be cleaned by university personnel and the residents will be charged a minimum of $25.00 for trash removal and $25.00 for room cleaning. A Residence Coordinator will generally follow up on citations after 48 hours of issuance. Any infraction in plain view is subject to documentation and ultimately may be referred through the campus judicial system. Please keep your rooms reasonably clean at all times to avoid this unpleasant possibility. Read less


The Front Desk, staffed with a 24-hour Desk Receptionist (DR), is the place where residents may check-out hall equipment, sign for loaner keys and report facility problems. The Front Desk also serves as an informational center for your building. Front Desk staff may be reduced during holiday hours when student occupancy is lower.
Read more

If a resident’s room requires repair, a Maintenance Request Form (MRF) can be completed at the Front Desk or at the Office of Housing and Residence Life or on-line by visiting www.uncw.edu/stuaff/housing/maintenancerequest.html. Facility Emergencies should be called in immediately to the Residence Hall Front Desk or to the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
The desk for the University Apartments is located in Belk Hall and the desk for the University Suites is located in Schwartz Hall.
Read less


Every evening from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m., there is a Resident Assistant on duty in each residence hall. This individual's name is posted in each building. If a student is in need of assistance and cannot find his/her RA, the student should talk with the RA on Duty. The RA on Duty is available to assist residents with problems.


Belk Hall, Galloway Hall, Graham Hall, Hewlett Hall, Schwartz Hall, the Honors and International Houses, Cornerstone Hall and the University Suites O-U have housekeepers that do daily and weekly cleaning.
Read more

The cleaning service for residence halls includes the lobbies, hallways, public areas, laundry rooms and student bathrooms. In the University Suites O-U, only the student bathrooms are cleaned. There is a 24/7 housekeeping service provided for all of housing.
Read less


Computer labs are located in the residence halls to support students' academic efforts. These labs are located in the International House and the Honors House as well as Cornerstone, Graham, Belk, Galloway and Schwartz Hall. In addition, all on-campus rooms are equipped for Ethernet access to the campus data network.
Read more

UNCW has extensive wireless Internet coverage on campus, and students will be provided with a password to access it upon arrival.

Due to high wireless usage in the residence halls, it is recommended that students plug into the wired Ethernet port provided in their rooms for the fastest connection. Students should bring an Ethernet cable with them, or they can purchase one on campus at B1NAR1ES Technology Store in the Fisher University Union.

For gaming consoles, students are required to use the wired Ethernet port provided in the room. Wireless is not available for gaming. Details: www.uncw.edu/gaming

If purchasing a new computer, please review UNCW’s recommendations for minimum requirements. UNCW offers student discounts on Apple and Dell computers and also on Microsoft Office and Windows software.  

UNCW has guidelines for the appropriate use of university resources which can be found in the Responsible Use of Electronics Resources policy. It is important that students abstain from illegal downloading and sharing of copyrighted music, video and film to prevent revocation of Internet and computer privileges. More about illegal file sharing at UNCW.

The Technology Assistance Center (TAC) is available for all technology issues including helping students with Internet connections in their residence hall rooms. Please search the AskTAC knowledgebase for UNCW solutions 24 hours a day.
Read less


iPrint machines are located in each of our residential facilities in order to serve your printing needs. For more information about how to use iPrint and find locations please visit www.uncw.edu/iprint.


Laundry and vending (soda and snack machines) facilities are provided in all residence hall areas.
Read more

Use of laundry equipment is included in room rates.

We have the best laundry service provider available and the best commercial laundry equipment the market will bear. Problems with laundry and vending services should be reported to the Auxiliary Services Office at (910) 962-3178.
Read less


Cable TV is available to all on-campus students. Basic cable channels are included in the room rental and students are responsible for providing cable connector wire from the outlet to the TV.
Read more

Cable access is available in all UNCW residence hall rooms, the University Suites and the University Apartments. Cable problems should be reported to the Telecommunications Office at (910) 962-3000, during business hours (7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., M-F), or (910) 962-3028 after business hours. In accordance with the FCC regulations and our cable contract, no splicing or splitting of cable to other rooms is permitted. Should the university face fines or other action as a result of FCC regulations because of a student found splicing cable, we reserve the right to seek appropriate action and restitution. According to FCC regulations, fines can be up to $1,000.00 per occurrence.
Read less


Each student is issued a mailbox to receive both personal mail and campus correspondence. Students living in Seahawk Crossing have mailboxes located in Seahawk Crossing Building 3, while Seahawk Landing residents can find their boxes in Seahawk Landing Building 2. All other students have mailboxes located in the Fisher University Union. You may pick up your mailbox address and combination from Postal Services when you arrive on campus.

Residence Hall Linens and Dorm Bedding Program
University of North Carolina at Wilmington Residence Hall Linens and College Bedding Program
The Residence Hall Linens program has been offered at University of North Carolina at Wilmington for years. The campus at University of North Carolina at Wilmington has extra-long mattresses that require specially sized sheets, blankets and comforters. These extra-long beds (which are greater than 76 inches in length) are meant to maximize your student’s comfort.

These XL sheets can be hard to find, but to ensure that parents and students have the right size residence hall bedding on move-in day, we provide a huge selection of custom-sized linens guaranteed to fit and guaranteed to last until graduation. We also provide a variety of other items that you may need in your new room, including extra-long comforters, extra-long mattress pads, extra-long thermal blankets, pillows, and storage solutions.

Residence Hall Linens and Dorm Bedding Program

Guarantee your first choice today!
We recommend that parents and students respond early in order to have the best selection of college bedding and ensure they'll receive their first choice. All of our residence hall room bedding and accessories come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee until graduation. If you are ever dissatisfied with our bedding, you may return your linens for a full refund.

Residence Hall Linens and Dorm Bedding Program
“My time is limited and ordering from your company was hassle-free and probably saved countless hours of shopping and driving. Very user friendly. Thanks.” - B. Breaux
“You made this process very easy and we appreciate how fairly priced your merchandise is compared to store vendors.” - B. Donadio
“This was actually one of, if not THE, easiest thing for me to accomplish for my son, Thank you for making this process easier....great job.” - W. Klein

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  S. Ahlum [ ahlums AT uncw DOT edu ]