- Desk Receptionist - no longer accepting applications
- Front Desk Office Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Assistant Residence Coordinator - no longer accepting applications
- Resident Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Student Maintenance Worker - no longer accepting applications
- Summer Conference Assistant - no longer accepting applications
2015-2016 Academic Year Process
Thank you for taking the time and interest in becoming a Desk Receptionist at UNCW! Below you will find the following information about the Desk Receptionist Recruitment Process.
- Application Timeline & Requirements
- Application Requirements
- Position Description & Responsibilities
- Qualifications & Requirements
- Selection Criteria
- February 23, 2015 – Online Application Available
- March 2, 2015 5:00 p.m. – All Application Materials Due.
Online application & two copies of your resume must be brought to the Office of Housing & Residence Life. No applications will be accepted if late or incomplete.
For invited candidates ONLY:
- DR Interviews – Saturday, April 11, 2015
**Interviews are by invitation only.
- Online Application
References require valid email address and phone number for each reference provided.
- Submit online application and two resume copies to the Office of Housing & Residence Life by 5:00 p.m. March 2, 2015.
A Desk Receptionist (DR) is a student staff member who works a minimum of eight hours a week (Monday – Sunday) at one of the residential area front desks. The DR is responsible for answering the front desk telephone; check-in and out visitors; answer resident questions and issuing supplies and equipment. By maintaining an awareness of residents and others entering and leaving the building, the DR is also responsible for providing security in the hall. The DR will ask residents to show a UNCW ID and may inspect bags/backpacks if there is probable reasoning. This is done for resident's safety and the safety of others living in the hall.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life places the following stipulations on those hired as Desk Receptionists:
- Have been a UNCW student AND lived on-campus at least one academic semester.
- In good academic standing at UNCW with at least a semester AND cumulative 2.30 grade point average during application process and employment.
- In good conduct standing with UNCW during application process and employment.
- Will follow all guidelines, procedures and policies stated in the DR manual including the two-week resignation process.
- Understand all significant time commitments require the prior approval of the Assistant Residence Coordinator and Assistant Director of Residence Life
- Attendance is required at all mandatory trainings (see below)
Desk Receptionists are required to participate in training throughout the year to make them more effective in this position. Upon hire, a complete list of dates will be provided, however typical training timeframes include:
- Spring Hire Meeting - April 26, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. Location: Seahawk Crossing Building 3
- Summer DR Training (August 2015; typically the Thursday prior to Move-IN Day. This is the official start date
- Winter DR Training (January 2016; typically few days prior to classes beginning)
- Official start date is DR Fall Training in August 2015. More details to come in spring hiring meeting.
- Hourly pay starting at minimum wage – minimum of eight hours and up to a maximum of 28 hours per week.
- International students have a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- After one year of service pay raises may be granted
The Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL) at UNC Wilmington employs a staff of 95 students as Desk Receptionists. Major areas of responsibility emphasized are safety, security, peer helping, policy enforcement and administration. Please refer to the position description for detailed information.
Consideration for Selection
DR candidates are evaluated based off of submitted application materials and references. Candidates may then be invited to participate in an individual interview process. Throughout the process candidates are evaluated based of demonstrated ability or potential skill in the following areas:
- High school, community and UNCW Involvement
- Customer service experience
- Communication, leadership, teamwork, and academic achievement.
- Problem solving, analytical thinking, and organization.
- Administrative skills for the completion of paperwork and related details associated with residential front desk management.
The Office of Housing & Residence Life Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is committed to and will provide equal educational and employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, age, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for state-funded employee benefit programs. Questions regarding program access may be directed to the Compliance Officer, UNCW Chancellor's Office, 910.962.3000, Fax 910.962.3483. UNCW residence halls allow all students the opportunity to become actively involved in campus life. The Office of Housing and Residence Life provides a variety of programs and activities in and around the residence halls to enhance students' total educational experience. All of the residence halls are accessible in that they have elevators and adapted restrooms. Further, entrances to all buildings are either ramp-accessible or located on the ground floor. The first floor of each residence hall has all the services that are available on higher-level floors to allow students with disabilities equal access to services. The Suites and University Apartments have some first-floor units that have been designed to accommodate students with disabilities. For further information, contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (910) 962-3241.