- Desk Receptionist - no longer accepting applications
- Front Desk Office Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Assistant Residence Coordinator - no longer accepting applications
- Resident Assistant - no longer accepting applications
- Student Maintenance Worker - now accepting applications
- Summer Conference Assistant - no longer accepting applications
Front Desk Office Assistant
Front Desk Office Assistant Position Description
The Front Desk Office Assistant is a part-time staff member based out of the Office of Housing and Residence Life. The Front Desk Office Assistant holds an hourly appointment to provide loaner keys to residents, serve as a role model to UNCW, provide customer service as a representative of the Office of Housing and Residence Life and assist with daily administrative tasks established by professional HRL staff.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life is no longer accepting applications for this postion.
- Student staff members are required to have and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Housing and Residence Life Office Assistants must be in good conduct standing with the university.
- Provide customer service to students, parents and staff in the Office of Housing & Residence Life which may include but is not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Freshman Orientation/Seahawk Saturday/Move-In Day
- Seasonal Mailings
- General office duties as assigned
- Key Runner duties which include meeting residents at the front desk of the respective building and follow proper procedures to verify the resident’s identity and check out the appropriate resident key.
- Assist Assignments Coordinators as needed with the assignments process and entering student information into database.
- Applicant is expected to maintain confidentiality in regards to information about employees, information received from other staff members, or information discussed as staff.
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain a high level of customer service. As a representative of the Office of Housing & Residence Life and UNCW, the Front Desk Office Assistant is expected to be a positive role model at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Front Desk Supervisor and Office Staff.