Move-In 2015 Volunteer Information
Move-in is Saturday Aug. 15, 2015
- Sign-up to be a volunteer here!
Guaranteed t-shirt & water bottle deadline: Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
- Choose to Reuse: We are excited to announce the start of a sustainable Move-In! We will no longer provide single-use plastic water & Gatorade bottles during the event. Instead, we will have hydration stations where volunteers, students, and parents can refill their water bottles at every Residence Hall. So, take part in helping UNCW's goal of promoting sustainability and Bring Your Own REUSABLE Water Bottle (BYOWB) to Move-In 2015! For more information click here.
- Parking: Volunteers can park at the Parking Deck between 5:00 a.m & 3:30 p.m. on the date of Move-In, 8/15/2015. In addition, volunteers can also park in lots T, & EE. Volunteers are not allowed to park in any other parking lot as they’re all used for the families to park in that day when they move in their students. For parking locations please refer to the campus map found here and for an interactive map please click here.
- Check-in on the day of Move-In will start at 6:00 a.m. in the Seahawk Village Clubhouse.
- Check-in for Fraternity and Sorority Life: Seahawk Village Clubhouse, starting at 6:00 a.m.
- You will receive your t-shirt, reusable bottle, and Move-In assignment when you arrive that morning.
- Breakfast will be served in Wagoner Dining Hall until 7:30 a.m.
- All volunteers need to be at their assigned location by 7:30 a.m.
- Be ready to work the entire event, 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Our incoming freshmen are counting on us!! Please be flexible - Some of you may be asked to move to other locations throughout the morning depending on the need of other locations.
- Early Move-In: If you are a current student living on campus this coming academic year, you may request early move-in if you are volunteering.. To do so, you must complete the following steps:
Steps to submit an Early Arrival Request:For more information on this topic please direct your questions directly to Housing and Residence Life at 910-962-3241
1. Log into mySeaport. Click the Student Services tab at the top then scroll down to click the Housing Contract link on the left hand-side.
2. A new window will open, taking you to the Housing Landing page. Click the teal “Housing and Residence Life” banner image at the top of the page. This is a hidden link that will open the early arrival request window.
3. Choose your requested date to move in. Please note that the earliest possible date to move in for lease-based housing is August 7th.
4. Choose your reason for request from the drop down menu. Then briefly explain in the text box below (i.e., if you are an athlete, please list the team you are a part of. If you work for Campus Rec, please explain which department of Campus Rec).
5. Remember to click the Finish button when you are done. You will receive an email confirming that your request went through. All requests will receive a response by May 31st.
- You will be given a lunch ticket later in the day, so feel free to stay for lunch in Wag.
- Watch the weather reports – typically it’s very hot on this day. We will provide water and snacks throughout the day, but be prepared with sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, etc.