Meredith Vaughn, assigned to University College
Amy Hector, assigned to University College: Curriculum and Instruction
Lesia Heltzel, assigned to Office of the Dean of Students
Sandra Jackson, assigned to Career Center
Katie Jensen, assigned to University College: Academic Advising
Applications for fellowships are being accepted now.
The Student Affairs Fellowship Program serves as a unique opportunity for cross-training within the division, by exposing professional staff to management and supervisory practices and decision-making processes that occur within two Student Affairs service areas other than their own. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis however, fellowships all begin at the start of a academic session (Fall/Spring/Summer).
- Provide professional staff with experience in up to two UNCW student service areas (one per semester) other than their own, so fellows may gain philosophical and practical experience complementing their existing experience;
- Expand and improve fellows' knowledge and skills by having them work with host mentors in host departments, by shadowing staff, and assisting with various services and projects;
- Increase each fellow’s ability to provide exceptional support and service to UNCW students.
How to Become a Student Affairs Fellow
1. Review the list of Host Departments and select your top four choices.
2. Download and fill out the Fellowship Application. Have your supervisor sign the application.
The Professional Development Committee reviews the applications, selects up to seven fellows for the upcoming academic year, and assigns fellows to their two host departments (one per semester).
3. Submit the application early: Applications for the fall should be submitted no later than August 1st, December 1st for Spring, and May 1st for Summer.
4. When accepted into the Fellowship Program, contact your host department's mentor to schedule a meeting to discuss your fellowship and to complete the Experiential Agreement. The Experiential Agreement outlines the learning objectives and how the host department and fellow will work together to provide the fellow with a comprehensive professional-development experience.
Documents for the Fellowship Program:
Click here for a list of previous and current fellows.