The Involvement Carnival is a chance for UNCW students to see what involvement opportunities exist for them on campus and in the Wilmington community. Student organizations, UNCW departments, religious organizations (generally local churches), community service agencies, as well as local businesses take part in this event.
As the Involvement Carnival grows and covers more space on campus more and more students take notice and look forward to this annual event where freebies such as pizza, ice cream, baked goods, candy, coupons, pens, Frisbees, cups and more are all around! Many student organizations rely on the Involvement Carnival as a recruitment opportunity since many students passing by the tables often stop and sign up to receive more information about a group.
Date, Time, Place
On the Campus Commons Wednesday, August 26, 2015 (Rain Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2015) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Set-up time: 9 a.m.)
Reminders, Policies and Procedures:
- Off-campus participants must park in the K-Lot parking lot and be shuttled to the to drop off location for registration.
- On-campus participants must parking according to their individual parking passes.
- Giveaways, advertising and marketing material are not permitted to reference drink specials, graphics or pictures depicting the use of alcohol and terminology such as, but not limited to: bash, $.25 drafts, happy hours, drink specials, etc. Adherence to the, "Statement of Principles Regarding the Marketing of Alcoholic Beverages" as cited in University Policy 5.304 in the Code of Student Life Code of Student Life is expected.
- Electricity is not guaranteed, please bring batteries if needed.
- Giveaways are welcome, but temperature sensitive food is not allowed to be distributed due to health regulations unless a valid health (food and safety) permit is displayed.
- Sales of any kind are not permitted at this event. However, we encourage you to distribute specially designed Involvement Carnival coupons, discounts, and other promotional items as a way of attracting future business and/or partnerships.
- Physical space is limited to your six foot table and the area behind it.
- All organization participants must stay behind their tables in order to keep walk ways clear for attendees.
- Participants cannot hand items out in the middle of sidewalks or in front of their table.
- Any Involvement Carnival participant(s) who does not adhere to the policies and procedures may be asked to leave without a refund or may not be asked back for future Involvement Carnivals.
How does my group get a spot?
Over the summer, the Campus Activities & Involvement Center begins accepting Involvement Carnival registrants. Registration information is e-mailed to potential participants. There is a deadline to sign up and space is limited, so don't wait until the last minute to get in your information! The deadline for businesses, community agencies/non-profits, religious organizations, and UNCW departments and Registered Student Organizations will be Thursday, August 7, 2015. Only registered student organizations will be permitted to have a table at the Involvement Carnival.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please send your contact information to email@example.com. Be sure to include a business name, contact name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
Registration Forms (Registration opens on Tuesday, July 1, 2015)
We are going paperless this year with online payment options for our businesses, non-profit organizations and places of worship. This event is open to UNCW registered student organizations, UNCW
departments, off-campus businesses, non-profit organizations and places of
worship.There is a $185 fee to participate for off-campus businesses, a $35 fee
for off-campus non-profit agencies or places of worship, free for on-campus
registered student organizations through CAIC, and free for UNCW departments.
The fees help pay for the rental of tables, chairs and
our Involvement Carnival shuttle service. Each registered participant will
receive a 6-foot table and 2 chairs. You may bring your own tent, but due to
limited space, you are not permitted to bring your own additional tables. Note:
Registration is for both the scheduled event date and the rain date, if needed.
Refunds will only be made if the event is cancelled on both the original and
rain date. We will not accept payment the day of the
- REGISTRATION COMING JULY 1ST !
- For-profit business participants are required to pay a $185 registration fee
- Non-profit organizations (such as community agencies and places of worship) are eligible for the discounted rate of $35.
These registration fees help the Campus Activities & Involvement Center cover the high cost of rentals, a shuttle service for off-campus participants, and also keeps the event free for student organizations to participate.
We will e-mail off-campus participants confirmations and further instructions which will also include a campus map indicating where to park. Please call the Campus Activities & Involvement Center (910.962.3553) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, comments or concerns.
The deadline for businesses, community agencies/non-profits, religious organizations, UNCW departments and registered student organizations will be Thursday, August 6th. Special Notice: Although the deadline for registration is set, please note that space is limited and may fill up prior to that date so register early!
Access to electricity will be limited. However, it will be very hot outside so having a portable, battery-operated fan might be a good idea.
Please note that only licensed and insured food vendors are permitted to give food away on campus. Any food that is temperature sensitive can cause undue illness to our campus population if prepared/maintained improperly so we ask that participants leave food giveaways to the professionals (e.g. licensed restaurants/merchants).
Parking will only be valid in the Green Track Parking Lot and K Lot near the intersection of Hurst and Hamilton Roads right beside the softball field because parking is limited on campus. Parking tickets will not be waived by the event sponsors.
Will only be given if the event is canceled after the move to the rain date. Please plan accordingly to be available for both the official event date as well as the rain date.
Selling merchandise/items is not permitted. This event is focused on getting UNCW students involved both on our campus and in our local community. This is a great opportunity to highlight your business/agency/organization and market your services to UNCW students, but we ask that participants stick to marketing. There should be no exchange of money during this event. Plan to bring business into your establishment by providing coupons and student discounts (with student I.D. if you'd like). College students appreciate discounts and tend to be very loyal to establishments offering Seahawk discounts! Marketing material is not permitted to reference drink specials, graphics or pictures depicting the use of alcohol and terminology such as, but not limited to: bash, $.25 drafts, happy hours, drink specials, etc. Adherence to the, "Statement of Principles Regarding the Marketing of Alcoholic Beverages" as cited in University Policy 5.304 in the Code of Student Life Code of Student Life is expected.
Shuttles will run from 8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. and then again from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. There are three shuttles looping from the Campus Commons (event site) to the parking area during these times, so if you do not see one when you get there - just wait a minute or two, one should be coming around the corner anytime. This service is free for all participants.