Establishing an Off-Campus Account

A Registered Student Organization (RSO) may choose to obtain a Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) from the Internal Reveune Service (IRS) to establish an off-campus bank account. A TIN is also known as Employer Identification Number (EIN), and is used to identify an organization for tax reporting purposes with the IRS.  It is similar to a social security number for your organization

RSOs may apply for a TIN (EIN) in various ways, but the quickest method is to apply online at the Internal Reveune Service website. This is a free service offered by the IRS and not a UNCW process.

Return to RSO Guide

Return to SGA Funding Information

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  N. Fedders [ fedderss AT uncw DOT edu ]