How to Apply for the Child Welfare Education Collaborative
Students considering a career in child welfare should apply for the
Collaborative in the first semester of their junior year.
- Application and acceptance as a Social Work Major
- Completion of Child Welfare Education Collaborative Application Process
- Acceptance as a Child Welfare Scholar
- Social Work 311, Child Abuse and Neglect - usually taken the first semester
- Social Work 312,, Seminar on Practice in Children, Youth, and Family
Services - only offered Spring semester, must be taken Spring semester Junior
year and completed prior to field placement.
- Internship in a child welfare position within a county Department of Social
Services - Fall and Spring semester senior year.
- Participation in monthly seminars and statewide training events.
- In exchange for financial support Scholars agree to work after graduation in
a North Carolina Department of Social Services in a child welfare position for
- Education and training specific to child welfare
- Financial support
- Advanced job placement upon graduation
- Job placement assistance
- Statewide training and networking opportunities
- Child Welfare Scholar Alumni Benefits