The following list of events are optional, but strongly encouraged, for UNCW seniors.
"Knowing that there were other students out there who were going through the same struggles as me was really helpful. It was nice to be able to talk everything out and not feel alone as graduation got closer and more real."
Schedule: Spring Semester 2016
Once you are selected for the Taking Flight program, you will be notified when and where your group will meet. You will meet once a week for three weeks on the same weekday, with exception for Session 3. The following dates and times are set:
Workshop Dates and Topics
Session 1 (Feb. 1, 2, 3, 2016):
Meaningful experiences and skills discussions
- Accomplishments while at UNCW
- Skill Seeker
- Academic, Service, and Leadership experiences
Session 2 (Feb.8, 9, 10, 2016):
Your career path
- Discussions and activities relating to going into your first job or graduate school
- Resume exchange
Session 3 (Career Success Week):
- Monday, February 15: Resume Day, Career Center
- Monday, February 15: Network Night (workshop and reception), 6:00 pm, Wrightsville Beach Room and Clock Tower Lounge
- Tuesday, February 16: Career Fair, 12 - 3:00 pm, Burney Center
- Wednesday, February 17: Financial Planning, 6:00 pm, Azalea Coast Rooms
Session 4 (February 22, 23, 24, 2016):
Life leading to commencement and after - conversations about:
- Your transition
- Commencement speeches
- Cornerstone Pledge
- Civic engagement
Final Celebration (Date TBD):
Celebrate the completion of Taking Flight with a reception at the Wise Alumni House.
- Staff from Alumni Relations and local alums will be present to network with you.