AUDITIONS FOR Burial at Thebes
Directed by Paul Castagno
Monday, November 16th, 6-9 pm in the SRO Theatre (CAB 1064)
Callbacks are Tuesday, November 17th, 4:30-6:30 pm in the SRO
How to Prepare:
- Sign up for an audition time on the sign-up sheet on the call-board downstairs outside of CAB 1099.
- Prepare 10 lines of a monologue.
- Read the Seamus Heaney version BURIAL AT THEBES and get a sense of the language and interplay. Copies available in office for 2 hour check out. Please come to the audition prepared and familiar with the script.
- Be warmed up and relaxed, I need strong clear voices.
- Bring an energy or sense of the character.
- Be prepared to “take direction,” in other words, stay in the moment during the audition and offer a different approach when asked.
- Go through some of the BACKSTAGE website short videos on auditioning like how to relax--taking deep breaths, ways to deal with nerves, and what directors, casting directors are looking for from the actor, how to stay focused.
For example: During audition don’t “bury your head” in the script, I’m looking for a sense of what you would bring to the character.
I am most pleased to announce that Tracy Kirkland will be our SM. Laura Baucom will be the Production SM. Here, is Tracy’s contact information should you need further information. Kirkland, Tracy E firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to your audition.