UNCW's Tobacco Policy went into effect on 6.1.2008, banning smoking within 25 feet of building entrances. On 10.30.2013, the policy was expanded to include all forms of smoking and tobacco use, including e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
There are several key highlights:
- Smoking and tobacco use are prohibited in all UNCW buildings.
- Smoking and tobacco use is prohibited up to 25 feet outside the entrance to any campus building (measured as 25 feet from the end of each formal entrance structure). Special consideration will be given to those buildings where compliance with a 25 feet perimeter poses a danger to the individual.
- Smokin and tobacco use is prohibited in all UNCW vehicles.
- The sale of tobacco products on campus is prohibited.
- The free distribution of tobacco products on campus is prohibited.
- Registered student organizations are prohibited from accepting event sponsorship from tobacco brand companies and from promoting tobacco products.