Quit Smoking: Campus Resources for Everyone
Are you ready to quit tobacco? The latest scientific research shows that a combination of medication and counseling is your best chance at successfully quitting. These campus and online resources can help!
- Pick up a Quit Kit in either CROSSROADS office: Student Rec Center #104 or Westside #2105
- Schedule an appointment for professional help making your quit plan: just call 962-4136
- Talk to your health care provider about medications to help you quit. Learn more about medications here. Students can talk to their provider in the Abrons Student Health Center
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to talk to a personal coach 24/7. Or ask them to call you!
Check out these helpful websites:
- The MayoClinic's BecomeanEX.org
- The Stop Smoking Center - take their Quiz to see if you're ready to quit!
- Check out all the tools on Smokefree.gov
- The NC Quitline
- Need specialized help quitting smokeless tobacco? Check out this excellent resource: www.killthecan.org
Staff and faculty:
Staff and faculty are invited to utilize all of the above resources, including our quit kits and counseling. Please contact CROSSROADS at 962-4136 if you have questions or need to locate additional resouces.