Incoming Freshmen students
must Sign up by May 8th to participate in early registration
for fall classes.
Freshman/Parent Orientation Refund Request Deadline:
May 15, 2013
for June Sessions
July 25, 2013
for August Session
Requests for refunds must be received in writing by the Transition Programs Office by the deadline below. No refunds will be granted after the deadline. All requests should include:
- Student's name and identification number (850#)
- What your refund is for (i.e. cancel parent Orientation reservation)
- Name and address of the refund recipient
Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. A refund check will be mailed within 3-4 weeks of receipt.
Students who are no longer planning on attending the University need to notify the Admissions Office to cancel their admission. If students have on-campus housing, they will also need to notify Residence Life and Housing in writing regarding your housing.
Orientation Registration for
is open. Register before May 8, 2013 to participate
in early registration
for Fall classes.
Students must attend Orientation prior to taking classes.
Freshmen/Parent Orientation Dates
June 3 - 4, 2013 Session 1- Session Full*
June 10-11, 2013 Session 2
June 12-13, 2013 Session 3
June 17-18, 2013 Session 4 - Session Full*
June 24-25, 2013 Session 5 - Session Full*
August 18-19, 2013 Session 6
August 18, 2013 Session 6 (only 1 day for parents)
*If your desired session is full, you can request to be added to our waitlist by following this link.
ALL JUNE SESSIONS $130.00
Student fees include the overnight stay of each session.
To come in the night before your assigned session, an additional
$15.00 will be charged.
August Orientation Fee for students is $110.00.
Overnight lodging is not included.
ALL JUNE SESSIONS $60.00
Lodging is not included in parent fee. Housing is available in a separate location from student housing for an additonal $15.00 per person. To come in the night before your assigned session, an additional
$15.00 per person will be charged.
August Orientation Fee for Parents is $50.00 per person
and only 1 day for parents
CHANGING SESSIONS MAY RESULT IN HIGHER COSTS INCURRED
- Reservations for Orientation cannot be made until you have paid the $100 enrollment fee.
- If you are signing up on the web, we accept Visa or MasterCard payments.
- We will not accept reservations via email.
- We must receive your reservation by the deadline.
- No on-site registrations on the day of Orientation are accepted.
- Please send your reservation one time only.
- To register on-line follow these instructions (You must use Internet
Explorer to register on-line):
- Click Here to Enter mySeaport
- If you don't already know your UNCW User Name, click on "Look up my Username/UNCW student e-mail address?" Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW email address. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Click on the Student Services tab at the top and then click on the Orientation link, located on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instruction to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
Please note - An Orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. If there is a price increase because of the change, payment is required before the change can be made. Call the Office of Transition Programs at 910.962.3089 to make the change.
Computer & Software Purchase Information
UNCW students can receive computer discounts on Dell and Apple computers by purchasing them via the UNCW online store at www.uncw.edu/computers. In addition, B1NARIES Technology Store is Apple and Dell hardware certified and can assist with repairs right here on campus.
UNCW students can also receive Microsoft Windows and Office (for PCs and Macs) at drastically reduced rates. This software can be purchased on mySeaport and shipped to you, or during Orientation you may visit B1NAR1ES in the Fisher University Union to purchase your copy. For more details, including prices and store hours, visit www.uncw.edu/binaries.
Immunization and Medical History Information
You can find immunization and medical history forms on the Student Health Center website. Please be sure to complete all four pages of the form. You are welcome to attach immunization records from your doctor or school to the form and send them in all together. You can also bring them with you to Orientation. If you have any questions, please contact the Immunization Coordinator Gina Fargnoli via email or phone at 910.962.7818.
concerning residency for tuition purposes, please visit the following
State Residency Resources
North Carolina Residency Statuses and UNC Policies
Prospective students who are in the application process or are trying to decide to apply should attend a Visit Day or possibly visit the campus at their convenience. To arrange a tour create a SeaLevel account.