April 29, 2013 for May Sessions
May 22, 2013 for June Sessions
July 25, 2013 for August Session
May 2, 2013 for May Sessions
May 24, 2013 for June Sessions
August 1, 2013 for August Session
Requests for refunds must be received in writing by the Transition Programs Office by the deadline below. No refunds will be granted after the deadline. All requests should include:
- Student's name and identification number (850#)
- What your refund is for (i.e. cancel parent Orientation reservation)
- Name and address of the refund recipient
Please email this information to email@example.com. A refund check will be mailed within 3-4 weeks of receipt.
Transfer Orientation Refund Request Deadline:
Mon. December 6 for January Session
3 for May Sessions
Fri. May 25 for the June Sessions
Wed. Aug. 1 for August Sessions
Students who are no longer planning on attending the University need to notify the Admission Office to cancel their admission. If students have on-campus housing, they will also need to notify Residence Life and Housing in writing regarding your housing.
Incoming Transfer Orientation
Incoming Transfer Dates
May 15, 2013 Professional Schools Only
May 16, 2013 College of Arts & Sciences Only
June 5, 2013 Professional Schools Only
June 6, 2013 College of Arts & Sciences Only
August 14, 2013 - All Transfer Students
All students must attend Orientation prior to class registration
- Reservations for Orientation cannot be made until you have paid the $100 enrollment fee.
- If you are signing up on the web, we can only accept Visa or MasterCard payments.
- We will not accept reservations via email.
- We must receive your reservation by the deadline.
- No on-site registrations on the day of Orientation are accepted.
- Please send your reservation one time only.
- To register on-line follow these instructions (You must use Internet
Explorer to register on-line):
- Click Here to Enter mySeaport
- If you don't already know your UNCW User Name, click on "Look up my Username/UNCW student e-mail address?" Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW email address. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Click on the Orientation link, located on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instruction to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
Please note - An Orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. If there is a price increase because of the change, payment is required before the change can be made. Call the Office of Transition Programs at 910.962.3089 to make the change.
Immunization and Medical History Information
You can find immunization and medical history forms on the Student Health Center website. Please be sure to complete all four pages of the form. You are welcome to attach immunization records from your doctor or school to the form and send them in all together. You can also bring them with you to orientation. If you have any questions, please contact the Immunization Coordinator Gina Fargnoli via email or phone at 910.962.7818.
Computer and Software Purchase Information
UNCW students can receive computer discounts on Dell and Apple computers by purchasing them via the UNCW online store at www.uncw.edu/computers. In addition, B1NARIES Technology Store is Apple and Dell hardware certified and can assist with repairs right here on campus.
UNCW students can also receive Microsoft Windows and Office (for PCs and Macs) at drastically reduced rates. This software can be purchased on mySeaport and shipped to you, or during Orientation you may visit B1NAR1ES in the Fisher University Union to purchase your copy. For more details, including prices and store hours, visit www.uncw.edu/binaries.
concerning residency for tuition purposes, please visit the following
State Residency Resources
North Carolina Residency Statuses and UNC Policies
Prospective students who are in the application process or are trying to decide to apply should attend a Visit Day or possibly visit the campus at their convenience. To arrange a tour create a SeaLevel account.