Incoming Freshmen Orientation
If your desired session is full, you can request to be added to our waitlist. To be placed on the waitlist you must already be registered for an Orientation session. If all the June sessions are full you must be signed up for August. If you are registered for August and a June session becomes open, you will be charged the additional June fees ($20 student, $10 per parent). We will operate on a first come first served basis. Please note that if we are unable to reach you we will move on to the next person on the waitlist. Often vacancies occur at the last minute. In order to be placed on the waitlist fill in your information on the link provided below.
Please email us if you change your mind and would like to be taken off the waitlist.
Please be patient. Due to the volume of calls, Transition Programs will contact YOU if a spot has opened up.
ALL JUNE SESSIONS $130.00
Student fees include the overnight stay of each session.
To come in the night before your assigned session (early arrival), an additional $15.00 will be charged.
AUGUST & JANUARY SESSIONS $110.00
Overnight lodging is not available
ALL JUNE SESSIONS $60.00
Overnight stay is not included in parent fee but is available for $15.00 per person. Arrangements can also be made to come in the night before your assigned session (early arrival), for an aditional $15.00 per person.
Housing is in a residence hall, but not the same one as your student.
AUGUST & JANUARY SESSIONS $50.00
Parent Orientation Sessions in August and January are only 1 day.
CHANGING SESSIONS MAY RESULT IN HIGHER COSTS INCURRED
- Reservations for Orientation cannot be made until you have paid the $100 enrollment fee.
- If you are signing up on the web, we accept Visa or MasterCard payments.
- Reservations will not accept via email.
- Reservation must be received by the deadline.
- No on-site registrations on the day of Orientation are accepted.
- Please send your reservation one time only.
- To register on-line follow these instructions (You must use Internet
Explorer to register on-line):
- Click Here to Enter mySeaport
- If you don't already know your UNCW User Name, click on "Look up my Username/UNCW student e-mail address?" Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW email address. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Click on the Student Services tab at the top and then click on the Orientation link, located on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instruction to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
Please note - An Orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. If there is a price increase because of the change, payment is required before the change can be made. Call the Office of Transition Programs at 910.962.3089 to make the change.
Computer and Software Purchase Information
UNCW students can receive computer discounts on Dell and Apple computers by purchasing them via the UNCW online store at www.uncw.edu/computers. In addition, B1NARIES Technology Store is Apple and Dell hardware certified and can assist with repairs right here on campus.
UNCW students can also receive Microsoft Windows and Office (for PCs and Macs) at drastically reduced rates. This software can be purchased on mySeaport and shipped to you, or during Orientation you may visit B1NAR1ES in the Fisher University Union to purchase your copy. For more details, including prices and store hours, visit www.uncw.edu/binaries.
Immunization and Medical History Information
You can find immunization and medical history forms on the Student Health Center website. Please be sure to complete all four pages of the form. You are welcome to attach immunization records from your doctor or school to the form and send them in all together. You can also bring them with you to Orientation. If you have any questions, please contact the Immunization Coordinator Gina Fargnoli via email or phone at 910.962.7818
For information concerning residency for tuition purposes, please visit the following websites:
Prospective students who are in the application process or are trying to decide to apply should attend a Visit Day or possibly visit the campus at their convenience. To arrange a tour create a SeaLevel account.