Incoming Freshman Orientation
Students must attend Orientation prior to taking classes.
Freshman/Family Orientation Dates
Summer & Fall 2014 Students & Family:
Session 1 - June 2 & 3
Session 2 - June 4 & 5
Session 3 - June 9 & 10
Session 4 - June 11 & 12
Session 5 - June 16 & 17 *
Session 6 - August 17 & 18 (Parents attend August 17 only) *
June Freshman Session - May 7
August Freshman Session - July 24
Incoming freshmen should register by May 7, 2014 in order to be eligible for early registration for classes
*Spanish interpretation services will be available for parents and family members during the June 16 & 17 session and the August 17 session. In order to secure appropriate accommodations, please call or email the orientation office (910.962.3089 or email@example.com).
Freshman/Family Orientation Fees
Student Orientation Fees:
$130.00 (June Sessions)
$110.00 (January & August Sessions)
*Overnight lodging is not included for January & August Sessions*
Parent & Family Orientation Fees:
$60.00 per person (June Sessions)
$50.00 per person (January & August Sessions)
Parent & Family On-Campus Housing:
$15 per person in addition to Orientation fees.
*On-campus housing is only available for June Sessions*
Early Arrival Fees:
$15 per person in addition to Orientation fees.
*On-campus housing is available for the night prior to Orientation (June Sessions only)*
Check-In is between 7:45 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Orientation Refund Request Deadlines:
June Freshman Sessions - May 16
August Freshman Session - July 31
Requests for refunds must be received in writing by the Transition Programs Office by the deadline above. No refunds will be granted after the deadline. Refund checks are mailed within 3-4 weeks of receipt. Please include the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student's name and identification number (850#)
- What your refund is for (i.e. cancel family member Orientation reservation)
- Address to send the refund (please note the refund check will be made out to the student)
Early Registration for Classes
Do you want to be able to sign up for classes before Orientation?
If so, please sign up for Orientation by
Thursday, May 7, 2014 by 11:59pm
and you will be have the opportunity to complete early registration!
More information will follow about the early registration process.
For now, just make sure to register for Orientation.
- Reservations for Orientation cannot be made until you have paid the $100 enrollment fee.
- If you are signing up on the web, we accept Visa or MasterCard payments.
- Reservations will not be accepted via email.
- Reservations must be received by the deadline.
- No on-site registrations on the day of Orientation are accepted.
- Please send your reservation one time only.
- To register on-line follow these instructions (You must use Internet
Explorer to register on-line):
- Click Here to Enter mySeaport
- If you don't already know your UNCW User Name, click on "Look up my Username/UNCW student e-mail address?" Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW email address. Your password is your 8 digit birthdate (i.e. 01011993). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Click on the Student Services tab at the top and then click on the Orientation link, located on the left hand side of the screen. Follow the instruction to select your Orientation date and make your on-line payment.
- If a session is full, you will not be able to select it.
Please note - An Orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. If there is a price increase because of the change, payment is required before the change can be made. Call the Office of Transition Programs at 910.962.3089 to make the change.
(Summer Sessions Only)
If your desired session is full, you can request to be added to our waitlist. To be placed on the waitlist you must already be registered for an Orientation session. If all the June sessions are full, you must be signed up for August. If you are registered for August and a June session becomes open, you will be charged the additional June fees ($20 student, $10 per parent). We will operate on a first come first served basis. Please note that if we are unable to reach you we will move on to the next person on the waitlist. Often vacancies occur at the last minute. In order to be placed on the waitlist fill in your information on the link provided below.
Please email us if you change your mind and would like to be taken off the waitlist.
Please be patient. Due to the volume of calls, Transition Programs will contact YOU if a spot has opened up.
Computer and Software Purchase Information
UNCW students can receive computer discounts on Dell and Apple computers by purchasing them via the UNCW online store at www.uncw.edu/computers. In addition, B1NARIES Technology Store is Apple and Dell hardware certified and can assist with repairs right here on campus.
UNCW students can also receive Microsoft Windows and Office (for PCs and Macs) at drastically reduced rates. This software can be purchased on mySeaport and shipped to you, or during Orientation you may visit B1NAR1ES in the Fisher University Union to purchase your copy. For more details, including prices and store hours, visit www.uncw.edu/binaries.
Immunization and Medical History Information
You can find immunization and medical history forms on the Student Health Center website. Please be sure to complete all four pages of the form. You are welcome to attach immunization records from your doctor or school to the form and send them in all together. You can also bring them with you to Orientation. If you have any questions, please contact the Immunization Coordinator Gina Fargnoli via email or phone at 910.962.7818
For information concerning residency for tuition purposes, please visit the following websites: