Before, After and During Orientation: Be Prepared!
Incoming Transfer Orientation: What to Bring
- Copy of Degree Audit
- Comfortable Clothes
- Light Jacket (some rooms are cool)
- Comfortable Shoes (you will be walking around campus)
- Note Pad & Pen
To make the transition into UNCW smooth, please take the proper steps to ensure a successful Orientation and college career.
What do I need to do prior to my Orientation Session?
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit to the Admissions
Office by the required deadline.
- Enrollment deposit payments may be made online. Log in to mySeaPort and click on Enrollment Deposits. Enter your student ID number (or your social security number). You will be given a 3 letter-4 number code. This is your user name and your official UNCW e-mail address. Your password is your 8 digit birth date (i.e. 01011991). Use these to log into mySeaPort.
- Make your Orientation reservation by the deadline. You must pay the Enrollment Deposit prior to making your orientation reservation.
- If you plan on living on-campus, sign up with Housing.
- Mail the Immunization and Medical History Form to the Student Health Center to avoid delays at orientation.
- Take the Foreign Language Placement Test On-line prior to attending orientation. For registration purposes It is critical you take this prior to Orientation.
- Mail Disability Disclosure Form if necessary.
- Mail any final transcripts (high school, community colleges, etc.) to Admissions. If Orientation occurs prior to completion of your final term, mail the transcripts upon completion of your term.
- Make sure all Financial Aid paperwork is completed. File FAFSA; return award letter; sign master promissory note.
- Brush up for math placement test by trying sample practice problems at the Math Lab. Read about the math placement exam.
- Music majors must contact the Department of Music at 910.962.3390 to schedule an audition and the music theory placement exam.
What can I take care of at Orientation?
- You will receive your UNCW One card (your student id card) at Orientation. If you wish to put money on it so that it can be used as a debit card on campus you can do so as you check-out at Orientation.
- You can choose a meal plan.
- You will meet with an academic advisor and complete your class registration.
What do I need to take care of after Orientation?
- Tuition and Fees: Billing schedules and payment due date information can be found on the Student Accounts website. Account balances may be viewed on SeaNet.
- Immunization Deadline: Classes will be cancelled 30 days after class registration if immunizations are incomplete.
- Register for Parking Pass: To register for a parking pass, please log into mySeaport to sign-up. Additional information regarding vehicle registration can be found on the Parking & Transportation website.