Attending an information session will give you more information about the responsibilities of being a Seahawk Link. You will also gain valuable information about the application process.
Thursday, January 30
from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Monday, February 3 from
Thursday, February 6 from
Tuesday, February 11 from
All Information Sessions will be held in the Wrightsville Beach Room of the Fisher Student Center
Application & Interview Process
There are two parts to the Seahawk Link Application: the online application and the online interview. Both must be submitted by the appropriate deadline in order to be considered for a position.
Step 1: Online Application
Click here to view the online application.
Submit the online application by February 16 at 11:59 p.m.
Returning Seahawk Links should submit the online application by February 7.
step 2: Online Interview
You must complete the online interview using Interview Stream by the deadlines above to be considered for a Seahawk Link position. You will need a web cam in order to record the interview. If you do not have a web cam, you can record your interview in the UNCW Career Center, Fisher University Union, room 2035.
The online interview must be submitted by February 16 at
Step 3: Group Interview
Applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail once their online application and online interview are received. This e-mail will include a link to sign up for a group interview.
Group Interview sessions will
- Monday, February 24 from
5:30 - 8:30 p.m. in the Azalea Coast Room, FUU
- Tuesday, February 25 from
5 - 8 p.m. in the Warwick Center Ballroom
- Thursday, February 27 from
6:30 - 9:30 p.m. in the Azalea Coast Room, FUU
Step 4: Individual Interview
After the group interview, selected applicants will have an individual interview with the Link Leadership Council and the Assistant Director. These interviews will be held in Fisher University Union, room 2017C.
Individual Interviews will be held March 10 - 24, 2014
What is a Seahawk Link?
Seahawk Links are UNCW students who assist incoming freshmen with the transition into college during their first semester. Seahawk Links serve as a mentor to these students through interactions in the classroom and assist new students with making connections to UNCW. Students are chosen based upon their involvement, interpersonal, academic, and leadership skills.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA (unless this is your first term at UNCW)
- Must attend all the 2014 Seahawk Link Training Sessions
- Spring Retreat - April 11 - 13, Friday evening - Sunday morning
- Instructor Meet & Greet - April 25, 4 p.m.
- Fall Training - August 15, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Must attend ALL weekly Seahawk Link meetings in the fall, Thursdays from 5 - 6 p.m.
- Provide support to freshmen through programming and outreach
- Attend all spring and fall trainings, weekly meetings, and mandatory events/programs
- Attend assigned First-Year Seminar course at least once a week
- Coordinate and manage First-Year Seminar event requirements
- Establish expectations with assigned First-Year Seminar instructor
- Facilitate the adjustment of new students to UNCW through the introduction of campus services, academic resources, and campus involvement opportunities
- Serve as a positive role model and peer mentor
- Participate in and promote Synergy, UNCW’s Common Reading Experience
- Volunteer during Move-In: August 16, 2014
- Attend and participate in Convocation: August 18, 2014
- Volunteer with UNCWelcome activities
- Assist with Family & Alumni Weekend: September 26-28, 2014
Terms of Employment
- Must be a full-time student during the fall 2014 semester. Employment will end at the end of the fall 2014 term.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA.
- Must maintain a good disciplinary standing by adhering to the Student Code of Life and University Honor Code.
- Must fulfill all Seahawk Link responsibilities including attendance at all mandatory meetings, trainings, and events.
$300 for fall commitment and a Seahawk Link T-shirt.