Attending an information session will give you more information about the responsibilities of being a Seahawk Link. You will also gain valuable information about the application process.
All information sessions will be held in the Wrightsville Beach Room in the Fisher Student Center, room 2017.
- Monday, February 16,
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 24
6 - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, February 26
8 - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 4
5 - 6 p.m.
Step 1: Online Application
For additional information regarding the application process, including required references and supplemental questions, click here.
- Submit the Seahawk Link online application by Monday, March 16 at
- Returning Seahawk Links should submit the returner Seahawk Link online application by Sunday,
March 1 at 11:59 p.m.
Step 2: Individual Interview
Applicants will have an individual interview with the Link Leadership Council and the Assistant Director. These interviews will be held in Fisher University Union, room 2017
Applicants will receive the link to sign up for individual interviews after submitting their online application.
- Individual interviews will be held from March 16 - 26, 2015
Step 3: Group Interview
Selected applicants will receive an e-mail containing information about the Group Interview sessions on March 30 & 31.
Group Interview sessions will
- Monday, March 30
6 - 9 p.m.
Warwick Center Ballroom
- Tuesday, March 31
6 - 9 p.m.
Warwick Center Ballroom 4
What is a Seahawk Link?
Seahawk Links are UNCW students who assist incoming freshmen with the transition into college during their first semester. Seahawk Links serve as a mentor to these students through interactions in the classroom and assist new students with making connections to UNCW. Students are chosen based upon their involvement, interpersonal, academic, and leadership skills.
Seahawk Links will:
- serve as a role model for UNCW students
- enhance communication, public speaking and facilitation skills
- establish a positive working relationships with UNCW faculty, freshmen and fellow Seahawk Links
- contribute to a positive classroom environment by working with UNCW faculty
- demonstrate their knowledge of university resources and their ability to refer others to university resources
- learn about various personal leadership styles and how these can enhance interpersonal relationships
- demonstrate collaborative problem solving skills
- identify transferable skills that align with personal and professional goals
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA (unless this is your first term at UNCW)
- Must be a full-time student in the fall 2015 semester
- Must attend all the 2015 Seahawk Link Training Sessions.
- Spring Retreat: April 10 - 12, Friday evening - Sunday morning
- Instructor Meet & Greet: Friday, April 24
- Fall Training: Friday, August 14, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Convocation: Monday, August 17, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Must attend ALL weekly Seahawk Link meetings in the fall:
Thursdays from 5 - 6 p.m.
- Provide support to freshmen through programming and outreach
- Attend all spring and fall trainings, weekly meetings, and mandatory events/programs
- Attend assigned First-Year Seminar course at least once a week
- Coordinate and manage First-Year Seminar event requirements
- Establish expectations with assigned First-Year Seminar instructor
- Facilitate the adjustment of new students to UNCW through the introduction of campus services, academic resources, and campus involvement opportunities
- Serve as a positive role model and peer mentor
- Participate in and promote Synergy, UNCW’s Common Reading Experience
- Volunteer during Move-In: Saturday, August 15
- Attend and participate in Convocation and Tie Dye with the Links: Monday, August 17, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Volunteer with UNCWelcome activities
- Volunteer with Family & Alumni Weekend, September 25-27
Terms of Employment
- Must be a full-time student during the fall 2015 semester. Employment will end at the end of the fall 2015 term (August - November).
- Seahawk Links will be compensated $7.25 per hour for attending class through November.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA.
- Must maintain a good disciplinary standing by adhering to the Student Code of Life and University Honor Code.
- Must fulfill all Seahawk Link responsibilities including attendance at all mandatory meetings, trainings, and events.