- All other weeks deadline for travel check run is Friday at 10:45 a.m. for a
check/direct deposit the following Friday.
|Upcoming Travel Classes|
Before an employee can travel on official business for the university, they should have a travel authorization completed and approved for each trip. The travel authorization should include the following information: date, destination, purpose, funds and all expenses that the trip will cost. Travel authorizations must be processed for all travelers, even if not requesting a travel prepayment or reimbursement.
All travel authorizations require the approval of the following people:
- Traveler's immediate supervisor
- Budget Authority for all funds being charged
- Grant Officer if a grant fund is being charged
- Chancellor/Vice Chancellor for all travel outside the US, including travel to Alaska and Hawaii
Prepaid expenses are an option available to university employees. The following may be paid directly to the vendor in advance of the trip.
- Agency Airfare
Please note if personal time is included with the travel you will need to get a quote from the travel agency showing the cost for the business dates only. This will need to be submitted to the Travel Office. If the ticket including the personal time is more than the business time the employee will have to pay the University the difference before the ticket is purchased.
- Contact Travel Agency from our approved list to select an airfare.
- Once airfare is selected by the traveler enter the airfare information in E-Travel under prepaid Airfare, Agency.
- Select the Travel Agency that you made the arrangements with.
- Obtain approval of the traveler and the budget authority in E-Travel.
- Once the approval process is completed, the Travel Office will notify the agency to purchase the ticket.
- A check request for Prepaid Registration must be completed in E-Travel and routed for appropriate approvals.
- After everyone has approved the check request in E-Travel. The prepaid registration check request should be printed and sent to the Travel Office along with 2 copies of the registration form.
* Please note that meals included in the registration fee will be excluded from the traveler's reimbursement per diem, even if the traveler did not attend the meal function.
Once the trip is over it is time to create the travel reimbursement. All expenses that the Employee paid out of pocket(allowable travel expenses) should be included on the travel reimbursement in E-Travel.
- Update the departure/return dates and times that are listed in E-Travel.
- Enter all expenses that the traveler incurred during their trip.
- Create the reimbursement check request in E-Travel.
- Route the travel reimbursement check request in E-Travel for approval by the traveler and budget authority. If the funding is a grant, then approval of the grant officer is also required.
- Once the Travel Reimbursement Check request has been approved by everyone print the check request and send to the Travel Office along with all supporting documentation.
Expenses paid by someone else
If someone besides the traveler paid for the expenses then the traveler can not get reimbursed for those expenses. These expenses will need to be reimbursed to the person who paid for the expenses after the trip takes place. To do this you will need to enter these expenses under the prepaid expense of the traveler. The prepaid other expense check request should be made payable to the person who paid for the expenses. After entering the expenses, route the prepaid check request and once approved print and send the check request with supporting documentation to the Travel Office.
Travel Reimbursement Deadline
Please keep in mind that the state requires all travel reimbursements to be submitted/received in the Travel Office within 30 calendar days from the return date.