There are two options for rental cars.
Option 1: Reserve a rental car with Enterprise and the expense can be prepaid for a UNCW employee. The employee will use the online booking tool in E-Travel under the Pre-Paid Rental Car section to reserve the car. Rental Car. Enterprise will drop the car off and pick it up at designated sites on campus. Additional insurance, GPS charges or upgrades are not reimbursable. In addition the compact or standard car should be rented unless additional people are traveling and a larger vehicle is needed. Additional drivers are not allowed except when sharing the car with another UNCW faculty/staff member traveling on the same trip. Please note the other traveler’s name and travel number in the notes section. When the car is required before 7:30 am on the day of the travel you will need to call Enterprise, College Rd Branch after the vehicle is booked in E-Travel and let them know that you are leaving before 7:30am. Enterprise will deliver the vehicle the day before. You will not be charged until the scheduled pick time on the day of the Travel. The car is not allowed to be taken from campus before the travel date and time.
Option 2: Rental Car Expenses can be reimbursable expenses for employees. The employee will have to pay for the cost of the rental upfront and the University will reimburse the traveler after the trip is over. Additional insurance, GPS charges or upgrades are not reimbursable. Fuel Service Option is not allowed, fuel must be purchased by traveler and reimbursed with the proper receipt showing gallons and price per gallon and number of gallons purchased. In addition the compact or standard car should be rented unless additional people are traveling and a larger vehicle is needed. Additional drivers are not allowed except when sharing the car with another UNCW faculty/staff member traveling on the same trip. Please note the other traveler’s name and travel number in the notes section. To enter this expense in E-travel you would select transportation and click on Rental Car. For additional information on how to process in E-Travel please see our Step-by-Step Guide for E-Travel. UNCW would like to make you aware that Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental are under contract with the state and the only ones that should be used.
Before Renting a Vehicle
Is your MVR Report up to date?
|MVRs should be pulled at least annually for infrequent drivers and every 6 months for frequent drivers. Requests can be sent to the UNCW Police general email with “MVR Request” in the subject line. If the need is immediate, then a request can be sent to Major Chris Bertram. The reports are free. In general, they will receive a “clear” or “not clear” and any “not clear’ will need to be further investigated by Risk Management before approval to drive will be granted. This will be departmental responsibility and you should not be asked to do this on their behalf.|
Is your required vehicle training up to date?
|State of NC requires all drivers to have Safe Driving training whether driving a Sate or rented vehicle. We also require 15-Passenger Van training for anyone wanting to drive such or similar. They both recertify every 2 years. The training is available online (and only take about 10-15 minutes each) and they can contact me directly to be set up in the system (email@example.com).|
Certificates should be printed or saved in case proof of completion would be required in the future. Aux. Services requires copies of the certificates of completion before they allow drivers to pick up their vehicles. Again, this is the driver’s responsibility and should not ask you to act on their behalf.
Please decline collision damage waiver and supplemental liability protection when renting a vehicle for business travel. The rental car rates include the insurance protection and the state automobile insurance policy provides coverage to employees renting for official university travel.
Prices for Rental Cars
|12-15 Passenger Van||$85.00|
For the Compact, Intermediate, Standard and Full Size vehicles there is a mileage limit of 2500 miles per trip.
For the Mini Vans, SUVS if the rental is from the local branch on College Road they are going to wave the mileage limit. However, this can only be done at the College Road office. All other reservations made at other locations there is a mileage limit of 200 miles per day. There is a 150 mile per day limit on the 15 Passenger Vans. Over that there will be an extra charge.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car should be utilized for vehicle transportation for the proposed time period. Enterprise Rent-A-Car has 4 locations in the Wilmington area to service your local needs and they service all major airport locations for your nationwide travel needs.
How to make a reservation for an Employee with Enterprise:
- Visit us online at http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=004&gpbr=53A4&cnty=US&cust=GAR53J6
- For UNCW business travel. Simply choose the location, date and time. All UNCW account information is loaded into the reservation. Visit www.enterprise.com for all personal travel.
- Call our local office at 910-397-9110 or call 1-800-Rent-A-Car and mention the UNCW account number NC53H82.
Billing for Rental Car of an Employee using Enterprise
- Reserve the Car with Enterprise. This process should be done in E-Travel in the Prepaid Car Rental section of the Travel. Choose the booking tool, even if the Travel is on the TA side you should enter capital TR then the travel number then the backslash / then the fund number in the cost center box. Example TR12345/191000. Then follow the prompts. If you are renting the car in Wilmington you should choose the College Rd branch. You will need to route for approvals. This rental will then be charged directly to the university.
- You may also use the Enterprise booking tool in the link provided above under How to make a reservation for an Employee with Enterprise. If you use this booking tool you will give the same information as in number 1 of this section. You will then need to add the expense amount to the Travel under Prepaid Car Rental section and route for approvals as well. This rental will then be charged directly to the university.
- Charge the cost of the rental to your employee UNCW American Express Card and request reimbursement in E-Travel with any other reimbursements upon completion of the trip. Remember to give the NC state contract NC53H82.
- Charge the cost of the rental car to your UNCW Visa Travel Card. Remember to give the NC state contract NC53H82.
- Use a personal credit card and request reimbursement in E-Travel with any other reimbursements upon completion of the trip. Remember to give the NC state contract NC53H82.
- VERY IMPORTANT always give the North Carolina State Contract Number NC53H82 if not renting through the booking tool in E-Travel or the booking tool link above under How to make a reservation for an Employee with Enterprise number 1. Renting under the North Carolina State Contract you are covered under the Risk Management Insurance.
Out of Town Rentals
- Charge the cost of the rental to your employee American Express Card and request reimbursement in E-Travel with any other reimbursements upon completion of the trip. Remember the state contract number NC53H82.
- Charge the cost of the rental car to your UNCW Visa Travel Card. Remember the state contract number NC53H82.
- Use a personal credit card and request reimbursement in E-Travel with any other reimbursements upon completion of the trip. Remember the state contract number NC53H82.
- Rental vehicles require original paid receipts showing $0 balance due.
- We will accept a credit card statement showing full payment to the rental agency along with the original receipt that shows a balance due.
Designated Parking Space for Pick up – Drop Off of Cars
Eaton Plaza - In front of James Hall
Lot F - In front of DePaolo Hall
Lot S - Accross Price Dr from the Student Rec Center
Small lot behind Cameron Hall
Small lot beside Education Building
Small lot behind Warwick Center
Lot Q - In front of Cultural Arts Building
- You can pull your receipts up on www.enterprise.com. Under the reservation section of the main page, you will find multiple blue hyper links. Choose the link titled “print your receipt”. Type in your name and driver’s license number and it will bring up your last 6 months worth of receipts.
Additional Services and Benefits of Enterprise Rent-A-Car's Business rental program:
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has over 200 offices in North Carolina and 6800 across the country. Wherever you may travel, convenience is only a phone call away. 24 hour roadside assistance.
Enterprise offers over 50 makes and models of vehicles. Cars range from economy cars to luxury sedans. Specialty vehicles are also available such as cargo vans, minivans, sport utility vehicles, 15 passenger vans and pick up trucks.
Leave the Claims to us:
You can take the worry out of travel by using Enterprise and the insurance is included.
Age of Drivers:
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is one of the few rental companies that will rent to drivers 21-25 years of age with no additional surcharge in most locations. All drivers must have a valid driver's license and a major credit card
- Please refer to the UNCW travel policy: www.uncw.edu/travel/
- Refer to the state rental car contract: www.doa.state.nc.us/PandC/975a.pdf
1437 S. College Rd.
1930 Castle Hayne Rd.
5601-B Market St
4911 Market Street
8125 Market St
3722 Carolina Beach Rd