- Deadline for travel check run is Friday at 10:45 a.m. for a check/direct deposit the following Friday.
|Upcoming Travel Classes|
Travel Card Admin
American Express Corporate Card
The University offers an American Express Card to all employees if the employee is recommended by their Department Head. Please submit the completed Application for the American Express Corporate Card to the Travel Office.
The employee is solely responsible for the use of the card and the card is to be used for University business only. Non-University business charges or delinquent payment on account will cause the card to be revoked. The cardholder is responsible for paying the bill in a timely matter each month. Please note that all monthly statements will be electronically sent only. You will not receive a paper statement.
Upon termination of employment with the University, or upon request, the card must be returned to the Travel Office located in Hoggard Hall Room 151.
To report a lost or stolen credit card, billing address change, and for other assistance you may require, please contact American Express directly at 1-800-528-2122.
- There is no annual fee to the cardholder.
- The need to carry excess cash or to use a personal credit card for University business is eliminated.
- The American Express card provides an easy way to separate business and personal expenses.
- Manage your account online. www.Americanexpress.com/checkyourbill
- Free travel insurance (up to $350,000) and baggage insurance (up to $1250) are provided to the cardholder during business trips when the card has been used to purchase common carrier plane, boat, train, or bus tickets.
- The American Express Travel Card is issued to the individual.
- The American Express Card is intended to be used for University business related expenses only.
- The cardholder is responsible for any delinquency fees on the travel card.
- Request for travel reimbursement expenses are submitted in the normal manner and reimbursement is made to the traveler.
- The cardholder pays American Express.
Getting Started and Manage Your Card Account Online
American Express Corporate Card statements are delivered online to provide you with an easy way to review, download and print your current and past statements.
To get started, please activate and register your Card at americanexpress.com/activate
After completing the online registration, ensure that you receive the monthly statement-ready e-mail notice each month. Review and confirm that the e-mail address listed for your “Online-only statement with statement ready e-mail notification” setting is correct at americanexpress.com/corp_statement. To view your statement online, go to americanexpress.com and log in using your User ID and
American Express Customer Service
Dedicated, courteous, and efficient service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide the assistance you may require, including:
- Questions about Card benefits and services. We can help ensure you’re getting the most from your card membership
- Billing inquiries. Please be sure to have your monthly statement on hand to help expedite your call.
- Replacement Card requests. If your Card is lost or stolen,
a replacement will be issued and delivered to you (please
see pages 5–6 for information about emergency Card
replacement and lost wallet assistance).
24 Hour Customer Service
Customer Service WebSite
Call Collect from abroad