Trave Card Manual - Coming Soon!
Visa Travel Card
The Visa Travel Card through Bank of America was developed by UNCW to allow the permanent university employee to have a credit card to be used for specific official university travel expenses.
Allowable Charges on Card:
- Rental Car
- Lodging (Room Rate and Tax Only)
This card is billed directly to the university. It is the cardholder's responsibility to ensure that all receipts submitted and all transactions are reconciled monthly. A travel authorization must be completed and approved before the use of this card. Under no circumstances may this Visa card be used for personal expenses.
You may apply for the Visa Travel Card by logging on to the E-Travel System in UBusiness.
Upon termination of employment with the University, or upon request, the card must be returned to the Travel Office located in Hoggard Hall Room 151 and all transactions should be reconciled with receipts before the employee leaves. .
To report a lost or stolen credit card, please contact Bank Of America at 1-888-449-2273.
- Reduces the amount of out of pocket money for traveler
- Allows you to register and pay online for the registration.
- The Visa Travel Card is issued to the individual and only expenses for that person should be charged to the card.
- The Visa Travel Card is intended to be used for University travel business related expenses only.
- A travel authorization should be completed and approved before using the card to charge expenses for that trip.
- All receipts must still meet the documentation standards
- ALL transactions must be reconciled
- Review and Sign the monthly statement
- Resolve disputed and fraudulent charges
- Handle refunds and credits on the card
Getting Started and Manage Your Card
Once you have applied for the card the Cardholder must attend training before the card will be issued. Visa Travel Card Statements are sent to the designated person either the Cardholder, Card Admin, or Alt Card Admin.
To get started, please activate and register your Card at 1-888-571-1000.
Watch our Demo on the travel card system
After completing the online registration, ensure that you receive the monthly statement-ready e-mail notice each month. Transactions are uploaded daily in E-Travel. Transactions can be viewed and reconciled as soon as they are uploaded.
For additional help and information please see the travel training section.
Modification Cut Off Date
Statements & Receipts Due to Travel Office
|January||12/16 - 1/15||Jan 23||Jan 30|
|February||1/16 - 2/15||Feb 25||March 3|
|March||2/16 - 3/15||March 24||March 31|
|April||3/16 - 4/15||April 24||April 30|
|May||4/16 - 5/15||May 22||May 29|
|June||5/16 - 6/15||June 24||June 25|
|JUX||6/16 - 6/21||June 24||June 26|
|July||6/16 - 7/15||July 24||July 30|
|August||7/16 - 8/15||Aug 21||Aug 28|
|September||8/16 - 9/15||Sep 24||Sep 30|
|October||9/16 - 10/15||Oct 23||Oct 30|
|November||10/16-11/15||Nov 24||Dec 1|
|December||11/16-12/15||Dec 18||Jan 6|
Bank Of America Visa Customer Service
Dedicated, courteous, and efficient service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide the assistance you may require, including:
- Questions about Card benefits and services. We can help ensure you’re getting the most from your card membership
- Billing inquiries. Please be sure to have your monthly statement on hand to help expedite your call.
- Replacement Card requests. If your Card is lost or stolen,
a replacement will be issued and delivered to the Travel Office.
24 Hour Customer Service
|Collect Outside US||1-509-353-6656|
Travel Card System