Installation of Chancellor Gary L. Miller, April 20, 2012
The official installation of Gary L. Miller, the fourth chancellor and seventh leader of the University of North Carolina Wilmington, was held at 10:30 a.m., Friday, April 20, on the lawn of Hoggard Hall. The installation of a chancellor represents the continuation of centuries of academic tradition observed by colleges and universities around the world. and is highly meaningful in its reinforcement of the value of higher education to society. The theme of the installation, Dare to Soar, builds upon the university's traditional motto of Discere Aude, or Dare to Learn, while embracing the challenges and opportunities unique to our current time and place.
Flash 10 is required to view this live streaming content. A download of Flash 10 is available at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Streaming will not start until the Installation event begins at 10:30 a.m. April 20.
- Programming on this page requires either Flash 10 or QuickTime 7 software.
- Support for some variations of Android and iOS devices may not be available.
- This site is optimized for broadband subscribers.
- Be patient, videos usually begin in a few moments but it can take up to 30 seconds.
- For more help check out our help page.