Our room scheduling system utilizes name tags and a room chart so that staff and fellow tutors know which tutors are meeting in which rooms throughout the day. When you arrive for a tutoring session, follow these basic procedures.
- Greet the Front Desk staff and look on the board for your room assignment. (NOTE: If the assigned room is busy, go back to reception for another room assignment. Do not go to a room not assigned to you.)
- DO NOT sign-in to TutorTrac (TT) on the laptop in the lobby. You should sign-in on the laptop in your assigned tutoring room--otherwise you will not be paid for your time.
- Check your mailbox in the workroom to retrieve your door card and any mail.
- Go to assigned tutoring room and hang your door card.
- Open TT on the laptop provided. Sign-in to TT, log-in for work, then open the appointment.
- While you are in the tutoring room logging-in, DO NOT assume that your tutee is not waiting for you in the lobby just because their log-in time does not appear on your laptop. It is the tutor's responsibility to go to the lobby at the top of the hour to see if tutee is present.
- Go to the lobby to greet your tutee - make sure the tutee signed-in--if not have them do so BEFORE going back to the tutoring room.
- Conduct your tutoring session
- End the session 5 minutes early and input session notes in TutorTrac before closing the appointment.
- Do not do the log-in or log-out for the student. Only verify the Center and Subject.
- If you do not immediately have another appointment, log-out of work and exit out of TutorTrac (Please be courteous and do not monopolize a room during gaps in your tutoring schedule when it may be needed by other tutors. Feel free to utilize the Learning Lab when not busy.)
- Check out with reception.
- If your tutee is a NO SHOW, just close the appointment – DO NOT ENTER ANY NOTES. If you enter notes, TutorTrac will automatically mark the tutee as ATTENDED
A list of these procedures will also be available in each tutoring room.