Our room scheduling system utilizes name tags and a room chart so that staff and fellow tutors know which tutors are meeting in which rooms throughout the day. When you arrive for a tutoring session, follow these basic procedures.
- Greet the Front Desk staff and look on the board for your room assignment.
- Check your mailbox in the workroom to retrieve your door card and any mail.
- Go to assigned tutoring room and hang your door card.
- Open TT on the laptop provided. Sign-in to TT, log-in for work, then open the appointment.
- Open the following webpages and/or documents: (found on LS Tutor Resource page)
- Tutee Assessment Rubric
- If initiated by student-athlete: Student-Athlete Tutor Report
- DO NOT assume that your tutee is absent just because their log-in time does not appear on your laptop. It is the tutor's responsibility to go to the lobby at the top of the hour to see if tutee is present.
- Go to the lobby to greet your tutee and make sure the tutee signed-in. If not, have tutee sign-in BEFORE going back to the tutoring room.
- Conduct your tutoring session.
- End the session at least 5 minutes early; input and save session notes in TutorTrac.
- Do not do the log-in or log-out for the student. Only verify the Center and Subject.
- (If applicable) Copy “Observations” part of TT notes into Student-Athlete Tutor Report’s “Summary of Session”
- Tutee Option to Notify Instructor of Visit through TT: two options:
- Tutor inputs notification info: Ask tutee if he/she wants instructor notified—
- enter “yes” or “no” in the drop-down menu in your TT notes. OR
- Tutee inputs notification info:
- Walk with tutee to front desk and confirm that tutee has logged out OR
- WAIT in tutoring room until tutees logs out [in lobby] to input TT notes
- If your tutee is a NO SHOW, just close the appointment – DO NOT ENTER ANY NOTES. If you enter notes, TutorTrac will automatically mark the tutee as ATTENDED.
- If you do not immediately have another appointment, log-out of work and exit out of TutorTrac.
14. Check out with front desk staff.
A list of these procedures will also be available in each tutoring room.
Report any problems to the front staff or LS Coordinator.