Tutor Attendance Policy
- At the beginning of each semester, tutors will submit their schedule of available hours to the ULC Office Manager.
- This is your work schedule, and all hours you indicate as available will be posted and could potentially be filled, so plan accordingly. It is far preferable for you to open fewer hours at the beginning of the semester and then open more time later, than to close out times as your semester intensifies.
- In all cases, two (2) week’s notice is required to close available hours. Contact the ULC Office Manager to make this change.
- Tutors are expected to model good time management skills and professional behavior; missing appointments, arriving late for appointments, or frequent rescheduling is unprofessional conduct.
- If a tutor fails to manage his/her time – as evidenced by missed appointments, late attendance, or repeated cancellations – the tutor will meet with the LS Coordinator to evaluate the tutor's schedule and employment status.
- While tutor attendance is important, the ULC wants you to use good judgement with regard to your health.
- If you are too ill to attend a scheduled session, please make this decision sooner rather than later. We realize that tutors may "wait to see if they feel better" before making the decision to cancel; however, the ULC Front Desk staff needs adequate time to contact the tutee of a cancellation.
- Please try to give at least three hours notice of a cancellation because of illness.
Process for requesting an excused absence from a scheduled tutoring appointment:
- The request for an excused absence from a scheduled tutoring appointment should be made in writing by filling out an Appointment Update Form and submitting it to the Learning Services Coordinator at least two (2) weeks in advance.
- Failure to notify the Learning Services Coordinator of an absence from a scheduled tutoring appointment will result in a review of the tutor's employment status.
- When an excused absence from a scheduled tutoring appointment is granted by the Learning Services Coordinator, submit the signed Appointment Update Form to the ULC Office Manager.
- The update will be logged by Office Manager; this will generate an email informing your tutee.
- Offer to reschedule with your tutee, if possible and if the tutee so chooses.
Process for requesting an excused absence from an unscheduled available time:
- An unscheduled available time is exactly that -a time you have available but no tutee is currently scheduled. The request for an excused absence from an unscheduled available time should be made in writing by filling out an Appointment Update Form and submitting it to the ULC Office Manager at least a week in advance.
- Failure to notify the ULC Office Manager will result in a review of the tutor's employment status.
- The time slot will be blocked.
- This request should be made only in rare instances.