Course Proposal Submission and Review Process
- Complete a Course Proposal Cover Form and corresponding Component form(s) for each course and include a model syllabus. Thematic Transdisciplinary Clusters themes should be submitted with a Theme Proposal Cover Form instead of a Course Proposal Cover Form.
- The complete course proposal must be approved by your department and then emailed to your department chair.
- The chair must then approve the proposal and email all forms to the University Studies Advisory Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Ensure all proposals approved by your department, whether new or revised courses (with US and UCC forms) or existing courses (with US forms only), are submitted by your chair as soon as possible.
- All new courses or courses with catalogue revisions must also be approved by the college's or school's Curriculum Committee. Such proposals should be marked appropriately on the Cover Form, school or college Course Action forms should be included, and all forms should be sent, after approval by the college's or school's curriculum committee, to email@example.com.
- USAC will score proposals with a rubric. Courses with scores of 3 or 4 in all categories will be eligible for inclusion in the new US curriculum (the committee will finalize the curriculum after having reviewed all submissions.).
- Incomplete proposals or those that have insufficient information and/or fail to meet these criteria will be returned to the submitting department chair. In the case of a proposal that is returned to the department, we recommend that you check our Tips for Proposals page for help.
- The USAC encourages re-submission of proposals that do not score a 3 or 4 in all categories during the initial review process. The re-population of University Studies will be an ongoing process.