New Web Content Management System!
UNCW will be introducing a new and exciting Content Management System (CMS), called Cascade, within the next year. Cascade will take the place of Adobe Contribute and will allow for the organization and management of website content across UNCW.
The Office of University Relations (OUR) will contact the Content managers of each department with more information regarding training and site migration to Cascade, based on a schedule constructed by OUR and Information Technology Services (ITS). Departments will continue to use Adobe Contribute until they are moved into Cascade.
Guidebook: UNCW's Official Mobile App
Guidebook is a mobile app that allows UNCW Departments, organizations, & offices to easily, sustainably, & inexpensively share events & materials with students & visitors on their mobile devices. For more information click here.
Web Workshops & Best Practices
It’s almost time again for our annual best practices workshops for Web content managers. In advance of these workshops, there are three priorities for content improvement that must be addressed on all university web pages. Please take time to review and update the content on any sites that you maintain and make sure your pages comply with the following by Thursday, November 12.
- All organization charts and faculty/staff lists online must be current.
- We are legally obligated to ensure that there is no mention of the slogan “Feel the Teal” on any of our Web pages, as that tagline has been copyrighted by another institution.
- Ensure that there are no broken links, typos or grammatical errors on your pages.
Please plan to attend one of the following one-hour sessions, in which we'll review best practices and talk about any specific goals or challenges you have in managing your sites. Please respond to let us know which of these sessions will work with your schedule.
- Friday, November 20, 10 a.m. - McNeill Hall, Room 1051B
- Monday, November 23, 2 p.m. - McNeill Hall, Room 1051A
- Tuesday, November 24, 3:30 p.m. - McNeill Hall, Room 1051A
Thank you for helping us make sure all visitors to the university website get the information they need and a positive sense of the excellent things happening here at UNCW! We look forward to seeing you soon!