Personal, Student, & Student Org Websites
Personal web space is provided for faculty, staff and students on the uncwpeople (people.uncw.edu; faculty and staff) and uncwstudent (student.uncw.edu; students) web servers. Student organizations are also provided web space on the uncwstudent server (student.uncw.edu/org/).
Faculty & Staff Personal Website
- All faculty/staff personal web pages reside on the PEOPLE Web server.
- Send your request for a personal folder on the PEOPLE server to the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).
- Faculty/staff folders will be located at \\www-people\www-docs\people\your-account-name
- URLs will be http://people.uncw.edu/your-account-name/
- How to upload files to your faculty/staff web folder
- You are responsible for the design, content and maintenance of your personal website. If you need personal assistance, you may contact the Web Support Technician, Danielle Ferrell.
Student Personal Websites
- Every student that has an active e-mail account already has a personal web folder on the STUDENT web server.
- Directories are located at \\uncwstudent\WWW\your-account-name
- The URL to your personal site is: http://student.uncw.edu/your-account-name/
- How to upload files to your student web folder
Student Organization Websites
- Submit a request for a student organization web space using the Student Organization Technology Request Form
- Accounts will be set up on the STUDENT web server.
- Directories will be located at \\uncwstudent\www\org\account-name
- URLs will be http://student.uncw.edu/org/account-name
- How to upload files to your student organization web folder