Watch David talk NJ shore rebuild on MSNBC, one year after the destruction of Hurricane Sandy.
Join Bill & Dave for book talk, cartoons, videos, rants, photos, laughs & bad advice.
BA, Harvard College, 1983
MA, University of Colorado, 1998
- Reed Environmental Writing Award. The Tarball Chronicles was chosen as best book on the Southern environment 2012. Presented by the Southern Environmental Law Center.
- University of North Carolina Wilmington CAS Faculty Research Award in 2012. Award for outstanding contributions in research over the previous eighteen months.
- The Association of Literature and the Environment’s Award for the Best Book of Creative Writing on the Environment for the years 2011-2012
- John Burroughs Award for Best Nature Essay. Accepted at American Museum of Natural History, NY, NY, on April 2, 2007.
- Pushcart Prize 2006. Published in Pushcart Prize XXX 2006.
David Gessner is the author of several books, including Return of the Osprey, which was chosen by the Boston Globe as one of the top ten nonfiction books of the year and the Book-of-the-Month club as one of its top books of the year.