Gifts to the Women’s Studies and Resource Center have a direct impact on the daily lives of students and the Wilmington community in a variety of ways.
Support the Women’s Studies and Resource Center at UNCW
The WSRC strives to connect our academic program with larger communities—locally, nationally, and globally—through event programming, internship and volunteer opportunities, and collaborative projects. We partner with local organizations focusing on such areas as youth/teen empowerment, social and legal services, reproductive and public health, and social justice activism. We create workshops in skill building, public speaking, wage and promotion negotiation, and sponsor receptions for students to connect and network with women leaders and representatives from community partners. In this way, students are able to experience first-hand how classroom learning intersects with careers and informed social engagement in a variety of sectors and services. For more information on supporting the WSRC, please contact University Advancement.
Donations can be made specifically to address the needs in the following initiatives:
- The Elizabeth “Betsy Ervin” Women’s and Gender Studies Scholarship
- Young Women’s Leadership Series
- Student Conference Attendance
- The Janet Mason Ellerby Women’s and Gender Studies Scholarly Award (PDF)
- Visiting Lecturers and Community Leaders
- Event Programming
- Outreach through internships and volunteerism
Recent Community Partners
All external links.
- AAUW (external link)
- The Carousel Center for Abused Children (external link)
- Rape Crisis Center of Coastal Horizons Center, Inc. (external link)
- Domestic Violence Shelter and Services, Inc. (external link)
- Where’s My Midwife? (external link)
- Women in the Center (external link)
- YWCA of the Lower Cape Fear Region (external link)
- V-Day International (external link)