Summer Academic Enrichment
UNCW Youth Programs would like to invite you to dive into summer with one of its exciting enrichment programs. We also offer a wide variety of challenging FUNdamental learning experiences that are sure to enhance your summer vacation. With art, business and chemistry we have the ABCs covered but we also have programs in design, engineering, forensics, history, literacy, robotics and theater. From half-day commuter camps for pre-kindergarten children to multi-week residential programs for highly motivated and gifted teens, we offer something for just about everyone.
Scholarship Opportunities: A limited number of need-based scholarships are available for attendance in commuter programs only (daily drop-off and pick-up). To qualify, the camper must be 1) a North Carolina state resident and 2) able to demonstrate financial need (or at risk status) by one of the following means:
- A letter from your school system verifying the camper's participation in a free or reduced lunch program
- Proof of housing assistance through HUD
- Proof of food stamp assistance
- Health coverage through Medicaid state agency
- A letter from your teacher or guidance counselor classifying student as an "at-risk youth"
If you meet all of the above required qualifications and would like to be considered for a need-based commuter camp scholarship, please fill out the 2017 Scholarship Request Form to be put on our Summer 2017 Scholarship Wait-list. The form will require the following:
- Child's full name and birth date, along with legal parent's or guardian's name
- Email address and phone number where they can be reached
- Camp they wish to attend and weeks they are available to attend
Once a camper is on the wait-list:
- Camper information will be kept in our scholarship database.
- Ten days prior to any camp start date we will determine the number of scholarship slots available (if any) and contact applicants on a first come first serve basis as listed in the database.
- If selected for a scholarship participant must immediately enroll and follow all registration instructions provided to them at the time of selection. Failure to follow proper enrollment/registration instructions may result in loss of scholarship slot.