More Upcoming Events
- August 11, 2014, 4 p.m. - The Business of Beer at the Beach - David Gardner, Angel Investor for Fortnight Brewing Company, Dino Radosta of White Street Brewing Company, and Derek Allen and Hayley Wells of Ward and Smith, P.A. will be here to discuss the growing business of microbreweries in North Carolina. Email email@example.com to RSVP. Thank you to our Event Sponsor, Ward and Smith, P.A.
- August 14, 2014, 10 a.m. - NC IDEA Fall 2014 Wilmington Info Session - For those interested in applying for NC IDEA Grants are encouraged to attend this free info session. Companies focused on software, information technology, medical devices or material sciences are encouraged to apply. To register, visit the registration page.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startups looking for a few good ‘angels’ - Port City Daily, 07.24.14
- Startup Experience Lands HUGO Co-founder In Larger Startup Pond, GWBJ, 07.24.14
- Oracle CIO Talks Tech - GWBJ, 07.18.14
- Wilmington company aims to improve elections - Port City Daily, 06.25.14
- Panel Shares Tips for Securing Early-stage Investment - GWBJ, 06.20.14
- Coworking Hives Create Growing Buzz - GWBJ, 06.06.14
- What's next for Next Glass? Beer & wine app a 'best investment' - Port City Daily, 05.22.14
- Next Glass Wins At Startup Showcase - GWBJ, 05.16.14
- SBA Solicits Applications For Business Accelerator Competition - GWBJ, 05.14.14
- Talking pain points: What keeps employers up at night - WRALTechWire, 04.25.14
- UNCW event aims to link entrepreneurs with major corporations - Star News, 04.24.14
- Companies Discuss Challenges; Ask For Solutions - GWBJ, 04.24.14
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Bridges to Business - Business Radio X, 01.20.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
Cortech Solutions was started in 2001 by Lloyd Smith to configure, install, support and provide education for advanced non-invasive systems that leverage brain imaging technology to objectively measure and act upon thoughts, desires and feelings in other words, Cortech Solutions makes mind-machine interfaces. Cortech Solutions work with small independent manufacturers around the world to develop advanced technologies, integrate those technologies into systems by developing bridge technologies (whether software or hardware) and sell, install and support the whole solution.
Smith, who after leaving Neuroscan, a medical device and scientific instrument manufacturer, thought that he and his wife may finally be able to realize their dream of starting their own company and living at the beach. Wilmington had everything on the Smith’s must have list, including airport with major carriers, hospital, university, low cost of living, good schools, good neighborhoods, a thriving historic district and ethnic diversity. Wilmington’s quality of place is what brought Lloyd here, and he feels it attracts a lot of other like minded people. Furthermore, Cortech Solutions has invested significantly in internships for UNCW students as well as collaborative research projects with faculty, honors undergraduates and graduate students in psychology, computer science and political science. Additionally, Cortech has contributed money, time and energy to supporting the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center and Business Week. This is all a part of a vision we have for how local companies should work with the university and vice-versa.
View Company Website: Cortech Solutions