Fraternity and Sorority Life Quick Facts
- 1340 students involved in fraternities and sororities
- Over 12.2% of undergraduate population
- 29 chapters on campus
- 16 Fraternities
- 13 Sororities
- Over 15,000 hours of community service donated last year by members
- Over $50,000 raised for local and national philanthropic organizations by chapters
- All-Greek, All-Sorority, and All-Fraternity GPA's were higher than the All-Undergraduate, All-Female, and All-Male GPAs
Since the early 60's Fraternity and Sorority Life has been an active part of UNCW student life. Beginning with a few members in a couple local organizations, our community has grown to consist of around 1300 members in 29 unique fraternities and sororities totaling over 12% of the undergraduate population.
Our members hold active and prominent roles within many student organizations on campus, participate in both NCAA and club level athletics, and donate countless numbers of hours and goods to local and national charitable groups. Our organizations also take pride in being academic leaders on campus by consistently posting a higher average GPA than the average undergraduate student and have members be valedictorians of their colleges.
In order to maintain this high level of achievement by our organizations and to help continue to set the bar on-campus, Fraternity and Sorority Life has developed a five-year strategic plan that will help place UNCW as one of the premier fraternal communities in the Southeast United States.