- Business Affairs Home
- ITS Home
- ITS TAC (Technology Assistance Center)
- Printing Services Home
- Printing Services for Students
- UNCW One Card
- UNCW One Card Online Management Center (Deposit Seahawk Buck$)
In support of UNCW’s commitment to sound environmental stewardship, iPrint encourages responsible printing in order to reduce costs and waste.
- How much does printing cost?
- If I don’t use all my free prints this semester, does my balance roll over to next semester?
- How do I pay for prints after my free allotment?
- How do I add Seahawk Buck$ to my UNCW One Card?
- How do I check the Seahawk Buck$ balance on my card?
- What if I lose or forget my card? Are there other options for retrieving my print job?
- What if I decide I don’t want to print my job after all? Am I still charged for the pages?
- What if I release a document and don’t have sufficient funds on my UNCW One Card?
- Can I print legal or other sized print jobs?
- Can I print color?
- Can I print back and front (duplex)?
- Are there any restrictions on how many pages I can print?
much does printing cost?
At the beginning of each semester, students will receive $8.00 worth of free prints on their UNCW One Card. At the beginning of each Summer I and Summer II sessions, students will receive $4.00 worth of free prints.
After your free prints are used, you may deposit funds on your UNCW One Card so that the cost of additional prints can be debited from your Seahawk Buck$ account. The printing charge will be $.08 per printed page for standard black-and-white prints, and the charge for color prints is $.40 per printed page.
High-volume copying (as opposed to smaller printing needs) may also be done at iPrint Business Center, located in the Randall Library , for $.08 per page for 8 1/2" x 11" black-and-white copies and $.40 for color copies.
I don’t use all my free prints this semester,
does my balance roll over to next semester?
No. At the beginning of each semester, the balance begins again at $8.00 (or $4.00 for Summer Sessions I and II).
How do I pay for prints after my free allotment?
You must have enough money on your UNCW One Card to cover the cost of the prints. If you do not have enough value on your card, you will have to add Seahawk Buck$ to your card (see next question for specifics).
How do I add Seahawk Buck$ to my UNCW One Card?
There are several ways to add money to your card:
- Online with a Visa/MasterCard via the UNCW One Card
Online Management Center:
- With cash, check or other bank card in the Auxiliary Services Office in the Warwick Center.
- With cash at the Seahawk Buck$ kiosk locations (Randall Library and the Fisher University Union)
- Your balance is shown every time you use your UNCW One Card.
- You may also check your balance at the Seahawk Buck$ kiosk locations (Randall Library and Fisher University Union), the Bookstore Mini or the Auxiliary Services Office.
- You may also check your balance online at the UNCW One Card Online Management Center at https://uncwonecard-sp.blackboard.com/eAccounts/AnonymousHome.aspx.
What if I lose or forget my card? Are there other options
for retrieving my print job?
If you lose your card, you should contact Auxiliary Services immediately by:
- Going online (https://busaff.uncw.edu/auxiliary/suspendonecard/Index.cfm) to suspend your card, or
- By visiting or calling the Auxiliary Services office at 910-962-3560 during normal business hours, or
- By visiting or calling University Police at 910-962-2222 if outside normal business hours.
Once you have your new UNCW One Card you will be able to retrieve your prints from the iPrint system, if within 24 hours. After the 24-hour period, your print job will be deleted, and you will need to resubmit the print job to the iPrint printer.
If you forget your UNCW One Card and are in Randall Library, you may purchase a guest card to use temporarily. Guest cards can be purchased from the Seahawk Buck$ kiosk on the first floor of the Randall Library. The printing cost as a guest is $.15 per printed page for black and white prints and $.50 per printed page for color prints.
What if I decide I don’t want to print my job
after all? Am I still charged for the pages?
No. Your job will be automatically deleted in 24 hours, and no charges will be made. You are charged only when you actually release the job.
What if I release a document and don’t have sufficient
funds on my UNCW One Card?
The system verifies that funds are available to cover the cost of the job at the time of release. If sufficient funds are not available, an “Insufficient Funds” message will be displayed and the job will not be released. Go to instructions on replenishing your UNCW One Card.
Can I print legal or other sized print jobs?
No. All print jobs will be on standard 8 ½" x 11" inch paper.
Can I print color?
Yes. Color printing is available all all iPrint locations. The charge for color prints is $.40 per page. ($.50 per page as a Randall Library guest customer).
Can I print back and front (duplex)?
Yes. Beginning with the fall semester 2008-2009, all iPrint black-and-white printing from UNCW computers will default to double-sided printing (i.e., printing on both sides of a sheet of paper). Each side is considered one page (8 cents); therefore, one sheet (with two printed pages) will cost 16 cents.
If you are required to print single-sided, simply select the single-sided printer from the File/Printer drop-down menu when submitting the document.
Color printing will remain single-sided at 40 cents per page.
Are there any restrictions on how many pages I can
The only restriction is that, after your free allotment, you must have sufficient Seahawk Buck$ on your UNCW One Card to pay for your print job.