Assistant Director of Annual Giving
- Video must be no longer than 2 minutes in length
- Submissions will be accepted September 16– October 21 at 5 p.m.
- Use any device with video capabilities: cell phone, iPad, old school camcorder, etc.
- Entrants must read and sign an entry form, agreeing to the contest rules as outlined below
- Entrant must be a current UNCW student
- Submissions that exceed 2 minutes will not be considered
- All entrants must be willing to be featured in various UNCW fundraising appeals that may be seen by fellow students, alumni, faculty, staff and other constituents of the university.
- In the event that there are not enough eligible entries, the prize may not be awarded.
- Each submission will be tied to one entrant. In the event that a group of students work together on a submission, the submission will be entered under the name of a primary entrant. In the event that a submission created by a group is declared the winner, the prize will be awarded to the primary entrant and it will be their responsibility to distribute the prize.
- UNCW Brand Image. UNCW is a higher education institution, and therefore fosters and maintains an image supporting responsible discord and communication regardless of medium or context. Entries must properly reflect this brand image and responsible discord appropriate for an institution of higher learning. Participation in the contest and all entries constitute a privilege not a right, accordingly, UNCW's determination on brand image shall be final.
- No third party logos/intellectual property. Be careful that your video doesn't inadvertently contain someone’s brand logo or intellectual property as that will result in your video’s disqualification. Examples to watch for: logo on a baseball or other sports caps, sneakers or t-shirt, name/logo of a stadium or sporting venue in the background of your photo or a logo on a device or item appearing in the videw. The ONLY permitted logos are UNCW’s trademarks and logos.
- No third party copyright protected music. Absent demonstration of clearance rights, pre-recorded and synced music is not permitted in an entry. Use freeware music or original music for your Entry; the use of any music absent documented evidence of secured clearance rights will disqualify the Entry.
- UNCW is not responsible for late or incomplete Entries. If a problem occurs in the online submission process or in uploading a video, Entrant should receive an "Error" message. However, the responsibility to electronically complete the Entry process and upload a video is the Entrant's and neither UNCW nor the Administrator shall be responsible for any video not actually received due to incomplete or improper transmission. Similarly, neither UNCW nor Contest Administrator has any obligation to advise Entrant of an incomplete Entry or video submission.
- Entrants may capture the video themselves, or Entrants may have another person capture the video. If someone other than the Entrant has captured the video, the Entrant must have written permission from that person to submit the video and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the videographer upon the request of UNCW.
Conditions of Entry: Entrant warrants and represents that the Video:
- is original content (video may be captured by someone other than the Entrant if the Entrant obtained written permission to submit the video, as set forth below);
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- has not been entered in previous contests or won previous awards;
- is suitable for public viewing.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the video. If someone other than the Entrant captured the video, Entrant further represents that he/she has obtained an assignment of rights from the third party that captured the video. UNCW's determination as to whether the video violates the rights of any third party is final.
Each Entrant irrevocably grants UNCW and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis each element of the Entrant's submission, as well as the Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the UNCW's use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the UNCW for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant's Likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of UNCW's Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the Entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the Entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold UNCW, its employees, officers and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the use of any element of Entrant's Entry, or the Entrant's conduct in submitting an Entry or creating a video or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release UNCW from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of UNCW infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the Entry.
Entrant understands that the University of North Carolina Wilmington has absolute discretion to select, disqualify, and make awards based upon its discretion and these Rules, and that all decisions are final, without recourse.