Warehouse Services provides moving services at no charge to university departments and activities, when the moves are performed during the university's normal working hours. Scheduling of moves is dependent upon Moving Services' workload and other support that is being scheduled for university events.
Moving Services Requests
We recommend scheduling your move as soon as you have the relocation details, to avoid conflicts that may preclude the dates you wish to be moved.
We handle your items with care; however, Warehouse Services is not liable for damages or losses due to improper packing, etc. Departments assume all responsibilities for packing and ensuring that items to be moved are properly inventoried.
Moving Services FAQ's
- Moves are normally scheduled during Central Receiving's normal operating hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Our summer operating hours are Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- There is no charge for moving services performed during the university's normal working hours.
- Yes, your department is responsible for packing prior to the move. (A limited number of boxes is available at the warehouse. )
- Checklists of pre-move tasks to be performed by the department as well as contacts for university services are included in the Moving Services Customer Checklist and Courtesy Guide to Services.
- The department is also responsible for contacting university service providers (such as Telecommunications, etc.) and for communicating their change in location to Postal Services, Human Resources, etc.